on 1 May 2013
I sent this to my daughter in Hong Kong where she has an allotment. She has already been delighted with it!
on 18 March 2017
great item
on 27 March 2013
This book astonished me with not only a yearly look at the allotment, but fantastic recycling ideas and the most wonderful got to try recipes.

Whether fully accomplished Allotment holder or you're just starting out, this is the book to have in your library as I'm sure you will not only enjoy the read, but use it for references too. If for none of the above reasons grab you I'm pretty sure the recipes will.

Obviously written by a highly knowledgable lady.
on 14 December 2013
This is a delightful little book on allotments. Sexton has written a book that has monthly tasks, foods to harvest, seeds to sow and a recipe for a seasonal food every month. For me the most interesting part was the select diary entries that begin each chapter. These are about the people and characters that she chats and interacts with on her allotment and a slightly plant mad friend who she sees on a regular basis. She is a little bit of a plant addict, and always seems to end up buying far more plants and seeds than she really needs. There is a melancholy bit when a resident who has her grandfathers plot decides to leave, but they are a charming set of anecdotes.

Worth reading if you are considering getting an allotment.
on 23 March 2013
Enjoyed this book very much, in fact so much so I didn't want it to end. Good mix of storied, tips and recipes.
on 27 June 2013
Already passed it to friends, both of whom are keen gardeners. I shall look out for more by this author.
on 31 May 2013
Not much more to say as the headline really says it all for me ~ I found what I was looking for
on 16 July 2013
Anyone with an interest in growing would enjoy this book. I've been reading gardening books for most of my life so it's really refreshing to come across vegetables I don't know and recipes I've never tasted.

The month by month guide is clear and handy but most of all I liked learning about the people on allotment sites. I could see Felix behind his shed and miss Maisie too.
on 14 August 2013
Funny and helpful with useful tips. All allotments have a similar mix of people and it was fascinating to see them described so well.
on 20 July 2014
Purchased for my brother and his girldfriend for their newly acquired allotement, they seem to love the book, tho as live away from me, do not know in what way and what the book is like having had it directly delivered to them.