Cupcakes
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 August 2015
I love baking and I've got a collection of Cook books, especially ones to do with baking... But out of all my cupcake recipes I have the ones featured in this book are my favourites! All the different flavours like marshmallow cupcakes and red velvet cupcakes, and you make really easy syrups to stop the sponge going dry. It is small, but it's worth it. Trust me! (PS. The icing in here is nice, it has a taste similar to custard, however I tend to use the sponge from the vanilla cupcake recipe in this book and the buttercream recipe from 'Jamie Oliver's Food Tube - Cupcake Jemma') :3
on 21 December 2013
Huge fan of Peggy's but she's milking it a bit here. Fine for beginners but waste of money if you know what you're doing.
on 24 October 2013
Lovely recipes, but would have liked a bit more content on how to achieve the look at the end result. Felt there could be a bit more instruction with the book regarding application.
on 4 March 2014
Very poor example of a professional cake makers book. Just buy the 2 bigger books they are more extensive and include more examples of her work. I am a big fan of peggy porschen but this book is more of a present item for say teenagers who like cupcakes.
on 30 September 2013
As you would expect from Peggy Porschen this book is delightful. It's a small book and contains a relatively small selection of cupcake/frosting recipes, all of which look delicious. I already own Boutique Baking and most of the recipes are repeats from there, albeit presented differently. I think there are about 4/5 new recipes, however, I'm glad I bought this as it's a handy size for the kitchen. If you don't own any of Peggy's books then it's certainly a good starting point as the recipes are very simple and you certainly don't need much in the way of equipment to achieve great results.
on 27 November 2015
I use this book regularly. The cupcake recipes are great. I have tried most of them at this stage and always have good feedback. The book itself is small which suits me as I have limited space in my kitchen and the recipes are concise with no long explanations. As with other reviewers I did find that most of the toppings for the cupcakes were cream cheese or mascapone based which is not that useful if you do not have the option of refrigeration so I use my own swiss buttercream instead and incorporate the flavourings from this book into it. Overall a good book
on 10 October 2013
This is s a super sweet book.

It's small in size , around 6" by 6" which makes it ideal as a stocking filler, but despite it's size it contains 25 cake recipes, plus frostings and finishes!!

The photography is just beautiful and I love the simple layout. None of these recipes are basic; all contain complex and interesting flavours, but the instructions are easy to understand.

My only criticism would be that there are only three frosting recipes. I ice most of my cakes with buttercream and tend to do it by eye/taste. I'd love to know how the Queen of Cupcakes makes it.

All in all, this is a quaint little book of high end cupcake recipes that will really impress. I'm particularly taken with strawberry and champagne and the cosmo cupcakes. Yum!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 March 2014
I have several books by this author and like her style, the special interest in this little gem is the syrups and cupcake toppings they are unusual and will have your friends coming back for another helping
on 23 September 2013
I couldn't wait to start baking. Dates are soaking ready to make sticky toffee cakes as I write. (Stocky tiffee cakes as my hubby accidently called them). Really like the way the frosting instructions are all together at the back of the book. I already have Boutique Baking so I know these recipes wont let me down.
on 17 December 2013
This is a delightful little book of cupcake recipes from Peggy Porschen. The ingredients list for each type of cupcake is clear, the recipes themselves are written in a straightforward, easy to follow style and there is a useful colour photograph of what each variety of cupcake should look like. I've had a go at the Red Velvet cupcake so far and the cupcakes tasted delicious (although they didn't end up looking exactly like the ones in the picture!) - I can't wait to pick the next recipe to try out.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse