VINE VOICEon 26 July 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm not quite sure that the title lives up to the hype of the title. I'd certainly need more cookery books than this one on my shelf. But, having said that, it's useful. The beauty is that the ingredients and preparation are simple and quick. There are a lot of recipes I wouldn't cook in this book, but that is down to personal preference and a partner with a meat and two veg gene! The actual methods, layout and ingredients are great, easy and inovative. This is no good as your one and only cookbook, but as one for the shelf, it'll do a useful turn.
on 22 March 2015
I love this book.
VINE VOICEon 11 June 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If like me, your idea of a nightmare cookbook is one written by Jamie Oliver -- where the number of ingredients in each recipe practically stretches into triple figures and you need to put aside two hours to cook the dish, then an hour to wash up all the utensils and kitchen equipment used -- then "The Only Recipes You'll Every Need" will be perfect for you.
Tony Turnbull, food and drink editor of The Times, has set out a really neat and easy-to-use book, in which four recipes are provided for each featured ingredient, most of which are fairly standard in most households (cod; pork chops; sausages; peas), or for each type of cookery (stir fry; casserole; barbecue; winter soup). All the grouped recipes are on one page, each with an excellent colour photograph, making the book very easy to browse when looking for ideas for the week ahead. The list of ingredients for each dish is clearly set out (including measurements) at the top of each recipe, and the list of steps is kept simple, lucid -- and, crucially for a weekday -- short.
So far, I have cooked the spanish omelette and balsamic roast chicken. Both were easy to cook, even the first time I made them, and tasted great. This is a book I will be using a lot.
on 7 May 2015
As described.
on 18 July 2013
A useful book if you want some quick, easy to produce, recipes. However, having bought the book assuming all the recipes featured in the Times were in the book, it is disappointing that some are missing e.g. the curry recipes which I had saved from the magazine but disposed of when I ordered the book.
on 12 February 2015
as promised
VINE VOICEon 28 May 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an excellent book of very simple and "do-able" recipes that anyone can attempt. There is something for everyone here from students to expert home cooks. Whilst you could argue that limiting things to four only recipes (not quite in some respects) that there are bound to be some good ones left out and some you don't care for let in, but by and large there is enough to keep you going for some time. I should think this is an essential book for those wanting something simple but good to try. A good way for teenagers and students to impress others. No fancy stuff but things you would like to eat. I hope they will bring out another volume to complement it soon. Very highly recommended.
on 27 July 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book contains loads of recipes, nicely presented and well written.

I've seen most of these recipes in the times (I think) but not paid much attention. I think they make a good collection when packaged up in the book.

I will cook from this book.
on 13 July 2013
I love this series in the Times so thought I would buy the book to give me some quick ideas for weeknight meals. It's not cheap to buy but is to look at. The photos are poorly reproduced and the food in the photos looks poorly put together and the dishes are not at all appetizing to look at. The recipes are uninspiring as well - some are so facile as to be insulting.
on 26 December 2013
Excellent service - arrived promptly and well packed - excellent. The book is a really good cookery book and is, literally, the only one you would need!