Customer reviews

How to be Adored
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 20 June 2017
I mean yes it tells you what you know but it's a cute book and I'm the kind of person who likes a good little book that clearly puts together all this common knowledge things. The presentation is beautiful. There are some tips there that I'd never have thought of too!
on 18 December 2012
I was really impressed by how quickly this item arrived. The book itself is great, exactly as I had expected, a little light-weight perhaps, but hugely enjoyable none-the-less. It is very celebrity heavy, using modern celebrities as examples, as well as classic screen sirens.
on 11 September 2013
This a has not become a regular read but one that I keep , on the side, in the bathroom for example so it is easy to pick up and flick through. I have not read it as yet cover to cover as this would not sustain your interest to do so.

The advice is slightly 'twee' and I would not necessarily agree with it, how to stand, how to wear your makeup, what celebrity to aspire to etc ... however, its fairly amusing #
on 24 December 2012
Written/collected interestingly with comment from many idols of my youth til present (62 y.o.).Its a lovely change from current media generated views and material ,something here deeper, mre evergreen.
on 8 June 2016
Great book......I never take advice and this book was superb.we all wanna be adored! Fast delivery and postage.
on 11 May 2014
Having bought How To Walk in High Heels many years ago, I was interested in finding a similar book. The title of this book, however, is misleading. It is more a collection of anecdotes from famous women in the past century, which, while entertaining, is not very instructive. Interesting but underwhelming.
on 26 September 2010
I ordered this book because a friend recommended it to me. It includes lots of pictures of celebrities (almost all female) and delivers some excellent styling tips from hair to make-up to diet. However, from the title I thought it would include something a little more... psychological, about what makes people tick and what appeals to them. Overall it was not quite what I was expecting but a good book nonetheless.
on 13 January 2015
Beautiful book and full of girlie - Ness! A real girlie treat. Pretty and fun. Highly recommend as a lovely gift. Comes in 2 sizes however. Get the larger one if possible. Not the €6/€7 copy. The larger one is just a nice size.
on 11 August 2014
Great birthday present. Bought one for all my friends!
on 8 May 2010
Those looking for a self help manual or a blow-by-blow style manual à la "What Not To Wear", should turn elsewhere. This is an entertaining analysis of what is considered to be timeless glamour (covering everything from dressing for your shape to manners and men). The bulk of the book are anecdotes and quotes by famous divas. As some of the other reviewers have pointed out, some of the advise is contradictory, which only makes sense when you know many of the tips are cobbled together from advise given by very different women. All the women featured were/are strong personalities with a very distinct style, so it's only natural their ideas on what is 'adorable' differ. I think the book invites you to pick and choose what you think might work for you and disregard the rest, as we can probably all agree it is quite impossible to simultaneously emulate Audrey Hepburn and Mae West ...