on 28 April 2017
Amazing recipes, truly lovely food. If you like Indian food you'll like this book. The recipes have an authentic feel as she makes everything from scratch, using dry spices and pastes. The dishes are lighter than you'd get in curry houses as they use very little ghee, but the flavours are really robust. I like how she talks a little about the background of the recipes and how they'd be cooked in the various regions of India, then adapts them for the UK so it's easier to get ingredients. Speaking of ingredients, if you're new to cooking curries you might have a long shopping list at first but a) dry spices keep for months, b) most supermarkets stock the basics such as cumin seeds and turmeric, and c) there are various online stockists where you can get everything else. I look forward to weekends when I have the time to potter about in the kitchen concocting one of these delights. There's also a handy section at the beginning where she explains and expands on some of the requirements of the recipes. Love it.
on 25 June 2013
A good book to try a varied Indian cuisine with variations of traditional recipes and an eye on the fat and calorie and salt contents for the health concsious amongst us!
My favourite fish one Is Coconut Mackerel curry.
I love the simplicity of making Panneer cheese, so much flavour when you make it yourself and so fresh.
I previously had this book from the local Library and kept re-newing it for over 2months! Now I've got my own copy!
good book!
on 8 November 2016
Exceptionally easy to follow, truly authentic flavours. Just a bit surprised the recipes don't all feature the Spice Tailor method or ingredients. Will you be including this on your website or even a pdf file?
on 19 February 2009
Purchased the book just prior to Christmas so I have had nearly two months to read the receipes and do a bit of Indian cooking. Guess what this book rocks.

I have managed to do four of the receipes and all are very different to what I and used to eating from my local indian. The book explains how to prepare each dish well and also gives helpful hints. I am now a convert to using meat on the bone for additional flavour.

Each meal I have made has taken longer the suggested by the author but I put that down to me being new to this but I know now how ro cook Orca which I love and the lamb curry is to die for.

If you want a simple to follow book on Idian food, you could do a lot worse then invest in this book.
on 12 March 2017
When the title says "made easy" it's really made easy. I'm not an expert of Indian cuisine, but this book truly makes Indian cooking delicious and easy to make
on 9 March 2017
Good
on 13 August 2017
This is a wonderful cook book! The recipes are really easy and tastes good!
on 24 March 2017
This is a rebuy I lost my first copy and have been lost without it
on 26 April 2017