Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 March 2012
I and my fellow knitting group found this a wonderfully insightful book it made us laugh, it made us almost cry, but best of all it is small enough to fit into my knitting bag and pull out when i want inspiration for my short comings as a knitter.
VINE VOICEon 5 November 2011
This book has been compiled by Erika Knight, a renowned knitwear designer and respected consultant to the fashion and yarn industry.

This is the perfect Christmas gift for a knitter. it would make a great stocking filler or a gift for someone who you like to buy a little something, priced at only £4.99 it is perfect for Secret Santa type ideas within crafting groups etc.

The book is jam packed full of hints, tips and inspirational quotes from the knitting world and beyond. There are quotes from books and films, from scientific literature, hints and tips from designers and fellow knitters and general good advice for projects and inspiration for new ideas.

This is the perfect gift idea for knitters or craft lovers of all ages. A small gift with huge thoughts and ideas.
on 9 February 2012
This is the ideal 'book for the loo' for knitters. It can be picked up and put down after a page or more (the average length of visit may go up, be warned). Some pages can just raise a smile, some a howl of knitter recognition, and some pages have practical tips which even an experienced knitter can learn from, or be reminded about.
If you belong to a knitting group, this is a good book to share snippets with when you next meet.
on 18 January 2015
I love all the therapeutic values associated with knitting, as depicted in this book! I also like the fact that knitting for charities is mentioned as a worthwhile occupation.
I like all the tips to make knitting that bit easier.
It's also good to hear that it has helped people who have been stressed for various reasons.
It is also useful to know there is an online knitting forum.
There is so much good sense in this book, and I would agree with the statement, "I knit because it's calming, or challenging".
Even Tracey Ullman says,"As I get older, I just prefer to knit". I can identify with that too!
The only thing this book doesn't do in detail is teach you HOW to knit. For this, though, all you need is a knitting colleague, friend, relation, r join a local knitting group where people are usually very kind.
It was my brother who taught me to knit many, many, many years ago!
on 25 January 2015
Have always enjoyed knitting in a rather guilty catholic way, because I felt I should have been getting on with something else instead. However this book is filled with wonderful quotes from knitters of all walks of life, to inspire and delight the more timid student as myself. Therefore recently embarked upon a marvellous project which I knitted with gusto and completed in a week, thanks to this chipper little tome. If you sample it's pages, you will understand.
on 16 November 2012
Pocket sized and pocket money priced, but a fabulous book containing advice, tips and anecdotes to suit every level of knitter. Small enough to go in your knitting bag. It would make a lovely stocking filler for a knitter.
on 28 March 2015
I bought the Kindle edition of this book. I am a re-born knitter and my family is deluged with socks and fingerless mittens at Christmas and birthdays (whether wanted/needed or not!). This is a cute assembly of useful hints and tips for the knitter, as well as amusing and profound quotations, observations and ponderings from sometimes the most unlikely knitters and observers of the needle-clicking community past and present. This volume is a delight, ideal for dipping into to get the feel-good glow for all wielders of the two, four or circular pins. Buy it for yourself or a happy gift for a k1 p1 friend or relative.
on 7 February 2016
a small book but full of hints and funny bits, just what you need when you need a pick me up, when you just found out you dropped a stitch way back and you've only just seen it. get a brew, have a read and you'll see it's not just you , it's all knitters.
on 22 September 2012
This is a sweet little book which would delight anyone who knits, there are a lot of similar things out there but it caught my eye because this one is by Erika Knight, and she is a serious knitter! It is great to keep handy to dip into and read a quote that makes you smile. A perfect stocking filler.
on 22 February 2015
I liked the fact that this book is made up of little snippets of information and jewels of advice, both in the practical sense and the emotional. A book to keep for anyone who has ever been stressed.