Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 August 2013
It is at times like this that I am so happy to have a 4 year old as an excuse to buy these books! It arrived this morning and so far I have had to read it several times to my son - and I really, really do not mind. I loved the last book - The Dinosaur that Pooped Christmas - but actually think that this one is better! Definite laugh out loud moments! Fabulous book and I cannot wait to see what they come up with next for the Dinosaur to poop!
A dinosaur and his boy. Good. A space adventure. Good. A heroic space rescue that depends on poo propulsion. Excellent.

But here's the best part. The rhymes are incredibly clever. Lots of picture books have rhyming lines that read like "Roses are red ...". Some are loaded with words that are only there because the author couldn't come up with another rhyme. This book is different. It has internal rhymes. It has lines in which there are multiple syllable rhymes. (The "science museum", you go there to "see them"; or, "started to orbit" and clouds "just absorbed it".) This is very sharp stuff, and reads more like the lyrics to a Sondheim song than a kid's book.

So, when you couple words that are that much fun with a silly story, space, dinosaurs and poop, well you have a book that just works. A happy find and a very fun read together.
Both of my children love The Dinosaur That Pooped series of books and this is another bedtime favourite of my sons. There's something about Dinosaurs and poop that seems to be an immediate hit with my son and although he is too young to read yet he always knows when to shout Poo! in line with the story.

The book starts with Danny and Dinosaur going to the space museum as they are bored. They end up on a space rocket in space when Danny and Dinosaur realise they have forgotten their lunch. Dinosaur is soooo hungry he eats everything he can see including all of their rocket, martians and mars cats and even a chunk of the moon. When Danny gets upset as he realises they have no way home, Dinosaur starts to plot a master plan to get them back home which anyone who's read any of the series can probably guess what the plan is!

My son thinks all of the range is absolutely hilarious and even though we have now read this book what must be in excess of 50 times, my son still laughs our loud and this is a regular bedtime book request along with the others in the series. A very easy and well deserved 5 star marking for this book.
on 12 May 2016
This is such a fantastic kids book!

I will be honest my main reasoning behind ordering this was that I am a fan of mcfly, I have 4 kids and if I'm honest I think I kind of got it for myself! I also loved that the kids name is Danny - again mcfly fan here!

Its illustrated fantabulasly and it is a very funny and well written book! I was laughing at it myself when I 1st read it.

I will deffo be buying the rest of the books for my kids! My older 3 children aged 3 6 and 8 all thoroughly enjoyed and laughed along with this - my 6 month old is just a grump who wont appreciate its humour for a while yet!

Well played Tom and Dougie you made the next generation in my house fans!
on 18 January 2016
This book is hilarious. I bought the dinosaur that pooped Christmas for my little on at Christmas and by boxing day I had ordered this one. I read to him as he can't yet read but he loves the rhyming and the pace of the story. The illustrations are great also! The bad reviews on this book are obviously from people without a sense of humour! It's clear that there will be poop references in the text based on the title. I enjoy reading this book and I read it twice a day and I'm still not bored.
on 23 April 2016
My 3 year old son thinks this is the funniest book ever written! The sounds are great and not so loud they get annoying. The story is written in a rhymne so is easy for parents to read. The illustrations are lovely. Also a goodprice for a sound book. Would recommend
on 27 February 2016
I brought this for my nephew for Christmas. He loved it. I loved it.
It now rests beside his bed for his night time story every single night.
The story is simple and easy to follow. The graphics are colourful and big.
Perfect kids book!
Highly Recommend.
I like poo. The Story of the Little Mole (who knew it was none of his business) is one of my favourites. Dinosaur Doo is another. Both are in their entirety all about poo.

So I'm not squeamish. But I did find my nose wrinkling a little at the illustrations of Dinosaur and his space excretions.

My son isn't quite at the 'obsessed with bodily functions' stage, so he found this mildly amusing rather than out-and-out side-splitting. I imagine in a year or so he'll laugh like a drain. So the excessive poo doesn't really mean much. For the intended audience it's perfect.

Now the story. I liked it. I loved Dr Seuss as a child and certain lines did feel very much like his books. Nicely put together. And fun illustrations.

We especially liked the moon being eaten and the cat coda.

Will get their other picture book for my son shortly.
This has everything my five year old wants: dinosaurs, big pictures, poo and farts and a far fetched story. It ticks all the boxes. If he could write Amazon Reviews he would give it five stars. Personally I found the rhymes a bit shoe-horned in places and the whole thing's daft as a brush, but it wasn't written for me! Five stars
on 4 April 2016
This is my little boy (3) favourite book, mainly because it focuses on poo, and all the visceral imagery which is associated (smell, colour etc), which he finds hilarious. It's not for sensitive souls