on 30 November 2013
A happy man is a quiet man - dont believe that for a second! Bought this as I'd bought another Broon book for a friend of mine and as it looked quite good I thought I'd try this one out. Its a good book, got lots of scottish recepies in it (for the scottish hubby). I only have two issues with it -
1 - in some recepies the writing can be quite difficult to read for those of us who wear glasses and are awful at following where we are in a book and
2 - no matter what I do i cannot get the scotch pies just right!!!!!! >:(
This is not the books fault of course but my own sloppy cooking efforts. Ah well - practise makes a full tummy!
on 1 December 2014
Apart from idolizing The Broons and Oor Wullie I never imagined that either of them would help me as a cook but this little gem is absolutely marvellous and helpful on every page. Simple yet delicious cooked fare, nothing stupid or hoity toity about it. Mince and Tatties and lovely basic soups. Cheers Maw and the great DC THompson.
on 2 September 2012
This is a lovely wee gift for someone who is a fan of The Broons but already owns the Maw Broons cookbooks. It is a high quality small (around A6 sized) book with loads of lovely Scottish recipes and some vintage Broons cartoons thrown in for good measure. Recipes include soups, baking, egg dishes and even has a few veggie recipes in there too.

It is wrong to describe it as a notebook since each page has a recipe with the opposite page blank for writing notes, it is more a mini recipe and comic book.
on 15 April 2018
A gift it contains many basic recipes
on 2 August 2012
Great Book and well worth having in any kitchen or bookcase, has great reciepts that have long been forgotten remembers me of my Own Mums cooking and can see me really starting to enjoy and at the same time remember the good old Broon's characters from the past easy to read understand and what a pleasure to read and cook from!!!!

Recommended
on 6 January 2017
will serve as useful presents for relatives in new Zealand.
on 1 August 2017
very happy with item
on 29 December 2010
Excellent little book. Thought it would have had more thoughts from Maw, Paw and the weans but since I was giving it to a NON Scottish person, maybe this was just as well! lol Good simple, Scottish recipes.none of this made up scottish weird stuff. I recognised all the recipes and could have made them all! Very pleased with it
on 16 February 2017