Customer reviews

on 29 June 2017
Lovely little book
on 7 December 2010
I love this format, and this beautiful little recipe book. At first I thought it was a notebook - blank - but actually it is full of really helpful and fun recipes and funny comments from the Twins and the Broons. One of the tips is 'never go to bed without leaving a clean kitchen', which is how my brother lives his life in a very busy household, so that was interesting,(so maybe I'll try it one day!) and other tips on how use up left over mashed tatties, and how to keep wine through to the next day once opened. Fair enough you might know all that, but it's interesting to read them, and the tablet recipes are super and work. I like the shortbread recipe and the notes on cake trouble (you are hearing from someone who suffers from fallen sponges!) and overall, this book is just lovely. This is really good value, and the production quality is more like a book at a tenner. It has a gift ribbon as a marker, and while I haven't wanted to add notes to it, as I worry I'd spoil it, you could buy two and keep one perfect as a collector's item. So this goes into my favourite as a stocking filler this year - I bought five already!
on 27 November 2010
This is an excellent wee hard back book perfect as a stocking filler.It is great value for money. A must for any female Broon's fan.
on 29 December 2010
Excellent little book. Thought it would have had more thoughts from Maw, Paw and the weans but since I was giving it to a NON Scottish person, maybe this was just as well! lol Good simple, Scottish recipes.none of this made up scottish weird stuff. I recognised all the recipes and could have made them all! Very pleased with it
on 11 September 2013
Lots of amazing tips and recipes, very good they way they have made it look like she has glued lots of different bits and pieces in the book, cut outs of food packages etc. Love reading it.
on 30 November 2013
A happy man is a quiet man - dont believe that for a second! Bought this as I'd bought another Broon book for a friend of mine and as it looked quite good I thought I'd try this one out. Its a good book, got lots of scottish recepies in it (for the scottish hubby). I only have two issues with it -
1 - in some recepies the writing can be quite difficult to read for those of us who wear glasses and are awful at following where we are in a book and
2 - no matter what I do i cannot get the scotch pies just right!!!!!! >:(
This is not the books fault of course but my own sloppy cooking efforts. Ah well - practise makes a full tummy!
on 1 December 2014
Apart from idolizing The Broons and Oor Wullie I never imagined that either of them would help me as a cook but this little gem is absolutely marvellous and helpful on every page. Simple yet delicious cooked fare, nothing stupid or hoity toity about it. Mince and Tatties and lovely basic soups. Cheers Maw and the great DC THompson.
on 8 January 2012
Used to read The Broons every Sunday when I was a child growing up in Glasgow. This was a gift to a close Glaswegian friend to bring back shared memories.
on 2 September 2012
This is a lovely wee gift for someone who is a fan of The Broons but already owns the Maw Broons cookbooks. It is a high quality small (around A6 sized) book with loads of lovely Scottish recipes and some vintage Broons cartoons thrown in for good measure. Recipes include soups, baking, egg dishes and even has a few veggie recipes in there too.

It is wrong to describe it as a notebook since each page has a recipe with the opposite page blank for writing notes, it is more a mini recipe and comic book.
on 8 July 2013
A great gift which my friend enjoyed. Good recipes in this book including one for scottish tablet for all you sweet toothed people out there.