on 17 March 2017
good quality product - value for money
on 11 July 2017
Good book
on 29 March 2017
Great book.
on 20 March 2009
This is a very well written and informative book.
It is laid out in an easily to follow format.
It gave me a good knowledge of what to expect on the training course for the 2391
on 24 May 2010
Bought this book and after a few days it started to fall apart, returned said book and got a replacement, after a few days it also started to fall apart, returned second book, now no book as amazon would'nt send a third.

am i the only one to recieve sub-standard books from the IEE.

Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing (Guidance Notes for Bs 7671)
on 29 May 2010
I decided to purchase this book and within two weeks pages were falling out. I can't send the book back because I need it for the course im on (posting back and forth could leave me without it for over a week).
Also some of my course mates who have bought this book recently have had the same problem.

I think the IEE are taking the mickey by charging what they do and providing sub standard quality. If you read this and your GN3 falls apart please send it back and teach the IEE a lesson.
on 31 October 2009
Excellent product, absolutely essential to any electrical student. You'll be amazed at how many practicing "electricians" don't know the first thing about testing an earth electrode on a TT system! Don't be one of them. You'll need this to get through your level III practical.
33 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 April 2009
when I go on my training course I will have more knowledge than I had before purchasing this book.I am already doing testing, but this book has been very helpful.
on 21 January 2010
Well laid out and easy to follow.
I sat my 2391 City and Guilds last year and managed to pass. It is a hard exam if you have no experience of Inspection and Testing. If you are going to do the same, read this book from cover to cover and remember as much as you can. Forget about looking on the internet for advice on passing. Quite a lot of sites are still referring to the 16th edition which is not much help. Most of the other books recommended only duplicates what's in this book.
This is the only read you need. Trust me, and good luck!
on 28 May 2011
I haven't actually sat my 2391 yet but will be sitting it in about a month, it's good to have a rough idea of what to expect in the exam, worht the investment if you want to pass i thought, fingers crossed.