Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on 4 October 2014
I'm a reception class teacher and this book is so useful to use at school. The children love the wipe clean books and will sit for long periods of time completing the book during independent free play. I have just ordered more of these to use for a group handwriting activity. The book has the 'letter and sounds' letter formation apart from the 'k' where it is a loopy 'k'. Unlike the front cover in the picture shown, the letter 'a' tail does actually have a flick (letters and sounds formation), which when I ordered I really hoped that it would. There weren't any pictures showing any pages in the book so I bought the book hoping it would use the correct formation we use at school . I was very happy when the book arrived!!! The only downside (as previously mentioned in another review) is the phonics examples at the top of each page corresponding to each letter and not accurate. The 's' page gives phonic examples as 'shoes' and 'sheep' which phonetically start with a 'sh' sound not a 's' sound. These are however small and at the top of each page. I do not use these for phonics , only for letter formation and handwriting practise so I do not see these as a problem. Overall a great product especially as the children LOVE doing them independently and as a group!!
on 10 January 2013
Arrived quickly, great product, easy to use and clean, my daughter loves it. As other reviewers have said you need to make sure you have extra pens ready as the one supplied doesn't last long (when darling daughter insists on colouring entire page!) and they do dry up easily when kids constantly leaving tops off!
on 5 March 2012
Fantastic for my three year old. She loves sitting at the table doing this book when her 6 year old bro is doing his homework. He tends to become teacher to her so it is fab for role play and also assists with his remembering which way round b & d are.

Book is great quality and is visually pleasing. Well worth the money.
on 14 February 2015
These books are good for teaching toddlers to write and form letters as they can go over and over the same page. Just being able to wipe the page with a dry cloth and start again is just so convenient . No messy papers to dispose of. The pens do dry out rather quickly.
on 27 September 2014
These are so good. The young person concerned doesn't see them as homework because the pages are bright and glossy. They are a doddle to wipe clean with a damp cloth. It's perfect practice for felt pen control. We started with just the one and now have all of them. They are so sturdy, too.
on 7 November 2013
The concept of this book is a good idea, which is why I bought it. However the letters are not in the slightly cursive form taught now in school. The page layout, although visually attractive to an adult, isn't ideal for a young child to follow. And although I'm not a huge fan of phonics, the two phonic examples given for each letter were very poor e.g. S is for 'sheep' and 'shoes'. Just too much educationally wrong with it. I sent it back.
on 18 June 2013
I love Wipe Clean Workbooks, however I have found that the hard cardboard page type is easier to work with than these plastic page wire binder type. Still functional however and a great number of options. Phonics is specially good as it brings an extra level from the usual single letter and or number books.
on 8 June 2012
This is an excellent tool for teaching your child to write. My Daughter is 3 and loves to use pens and pencils like grown ups, so this set of books is a no-brainer! The wipe clean format means she can draw and write all she wants. The pens that come with the books aren't all that brilliant, so I bought some white board markers and they work just as well.

A brilliant idea and great practice for school!
on 5 July 2013
Great little book for teaching your preschooler to write letters and even learn their alphabet. Easily wiped clean between uses. Loses a mark because the pen is very small, doesn't have a proper place to store the pen, and it ran out within a week or so of regular use by our 3yo. Other pens can be obtained though.
on 26 March 2014
This is great for teaching your child how to write. I bought this because I wanted a spare to leave at my own parents' home for my daughter to play with when she is there. I bought my own one (!) from Costco. This one has more pages in it (despite identical ISBN), and was the same price - that's why I knocked off 1 star.