on 4 January 2014
This is a great road atlas with loads of useful detail.
But it is big and heavy and perhaps a little bulky for the car.
I probably would not buy this again for the car, preferring a lighter cheaper road atlas but for a study I would buy again.
Only gave 4 star as I bought this one for the car.
on 23 January 2014
... and returned to using my (outdated) 2008 Philips Navigator, which is larger scale, in much clearer print, isn't full of "fussy" colours and unnecessary extras and is generally just BETTER. I have relied on it for years and will have to continue to do unless Philips change back to their previous design.
on 16 January 2013
A larger scale road atlas so very much thicker than our old one. Taking a bit of time to get used to new scale but good to have more detail on it, making it easier to navigate (yep, we still do it with old technology!) The pages on this atlas (and to be honest, many other atlases) seem rather flimsy so I hope it stands up to a few years use. I have wondered whether there's such a thing as plastic paper which might make reference books and maps more durable? Pleased with what we've seen so far.
on 12 November 2013
I first tried a Trucker's Atlas, just for the large scale, but realized too late that it didn't show picnic spots, NT and English Heritage properties, viewpoints, etc. This atlas, however, has the lot, and the scale is excellent for the details. This is a great book for the wife to have on her lap as we drive, so that the info can supplement the satnav. Like some other reviewers, I find the covers somewhat flimsy, but I think I have worked out a way to strengthen them, so no problems. I am very pleased with my purchase.
on 8 January 2014
Excellent purchase - well happy with it. A lot of Atlas's claim to have clear big scale detail, but are disappointing. This Atlas is big and heavy because of the scale, but the detail and scale is excellent. Finally found an Atlas worthy of replacing my old large scale Atlas.
on 20 June 2014
Phillips seam to have forgotten that Northern Ireland is part of Britain and the UK. I suspect the will be a little a greaves. Also the book is just too big to handle in the car and is a weighty tome.
on 1 December 2012
This is a great atlas, big scale and loads of detail but I didn't check the size before I ordered it and its annoyingly large, wont fit in the map pocket on the back of the seat and has to live on the parcel shelf !
on 21 May 2014
Although sat-navs are very sophisticated, there are occasions when a "proper" map is required in the car. This map fits the bill perfectly. I would recommend this map to anyone ............ anytime!

Happy searching!
on 31 October 2012
Used earlier versions for years and it's an essential tool in an electronic era. Clear large-scale mapping and a steal at the price. Only disadvantage is the large-scale mapping, since it is a big item to store and the scale sometimes makes an overview hard to grasp. But that's inevitable and a minor issue.
on 6 November 2012
Map scale is great as on the old one I have. However text is much smaller making it more difficult to read especially in lower light levels. Also the woodland areas and built up areas marked are too close in tone. Would still buy it though for the ease of navigating on country roads.