on 12 June 2017
Bought it for my teenage son, read it first and found it very useful myself so I bought another copy. Really liked the 'we're in this together' outlook and sharing of personal gaffs which made it relatable and prevented any feeling of being patronized by the author making the actual information easy to absorb and process.
5 people found this helpful
on 16 October 2015
A great book for kids and parents alike.I bought this book for my daughter,only to find im an Aspie too(well she had to get it from somewhere).It has lots of good advice in a way that teens and tweens understand.It's not boring at all.I find by us both reading it we can share experiences we have had and will have .I think it has brought us closer together,I think my daughter thought, she was the only one with these thoughts and behaviours.Now we can see what we do that others find off putting,when we feel totally normal.We can see the patterns fall into place about social rules,no one ever said there were rules,let alone taught us them.So yeah! well done Jenifer Cook O'Toole,you hit the nail on the head(for Aspies,no nails were ever needed,silly to say)Jenifer got it so right.
6 people found this helpful
on 3 October 2016
Really worth buying - whether your kids have Asperger's or not. It includes a very easy to remember and practice social code which makes sense for everyone. Written in a beautifully non-judgemental style that appeals.
on 19 July 2017
Brilliant, can't recommend it too highly. My son has Aspergers and we were really struggling to help him, but this has told us everything we need for him.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 November 2017
Bought this for my 10 year old daughter and she has declared it her joint favourite book with Harry Potter. She’s just taken it to school with her to try and sneak in a bit of extra reading time. She says it ‘explains everything’. Thank you for writing it.
on 7 June 2017
A good read and useful book for child and parent
on 16 June 2017
very helpful book
on 25 January 2015
I thoroughly recommend this book. It is well written and the child it was bought for found it useful. It's useful for parents and carers of children with Aspergers too.
on 17 August 2013
I really recommend this. My son has been diagnosed with ASD and this book is great for explaining social issues to him which he just doesn't understand.

It has also helped me to talk tohim by explaining things in a way he can understand. Highly recommended.
on 14 December 2014
Two kids both with ASD diagnosed after puberty - books like this prove you are not goimg mad or bad parents