on 2 May 2014
brilliant book for any one considering adoption-or wanting to learn more about attachment and to understand the damage of neglect on young children.I can't recommend this book highly enough
on 1 December 2015
Very Very Good. Give excellent understanding for prospective parents & grand parents
on 7 July 2015
As prospective adopters this book has given us a great insight into what life can be like as an adoptive parent. Really down to earth writing and lots of it I could really relate to. I love how honest the writing is. A book that I will be passing on to friends and family as I feel this is invaluable.
on 26 March 2014
This book is very readable. I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt that I was right there with the family through their journey.
Sally Donovan has a very nice writing style and I would recommend this book to everyone.
on 30 April 2018
An extremely emotional read with a lot of things to ponder. A very honest read with some very important things to consider for those who are going through the adoption process.
on 12 October 2016
Really useful, thought provoking book. Would recommend to anyone who is thinking of adopting and also those who have a family member thinking of adoption. It gives a real insight into what its like.
on 29 November 2013
I can't recommend this book enough for anyone. In fact EVERYONE should read this, it gives an accurate window into the reality of the world and it's impact on children and their families whether they are foster carers, adopters or birth parents.

Read it. You won't regret it.
2 people found this helpful
on 20 December 2013
This is a truly amazing book and I enjoyed every minute of reading it, I do hope Sally writes another book and let's us know how her little family cope with the joys and hormones of their teens!
on 12 November 2013
This book gives a real insight into the highs and lows of adoption. It is very easy to read I found myself laughing and crying. It deals with the lifelong issues of neglect simply and powerfully without resorting to jargon or using psychobabble. A must read for anyone thinking of adopting and anyone working in the field of adoption.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 April 2016
I read this book as the friend of a couple going though the process of adopting and it has opened my eyes to the kind of love and support they will need and raised my awareness of the long road ahead.