on 3 November 2013
Direct work with vulnerable children; playful activities and strategies...

I have just started studying towards my MSc in play and therapeutic play and I work intensively with families and their children where the parents have an issue with substances that effect their parenting ability.

I would recommend this book to any practitioner.
on 2 April 2014
This book contains great ideas from seasoned social workers about engaging with children using creative methods, everything is explained fully which is perfect for me as a newly qualified social worker beginning my career with children.
on 9 April 2014
I have received some good ideas from this book. However, it was not as easy to follow as some other similar books. I guess they were not the sort of activities that I was looking to undertake with the young people I was working with. That is not to say that it will not be a useful book in the future.
on 27 April 2013
Audrey and Helen both have long experience of working with children. Good to have a book written by front line practitioners for front line practioners. After 20 years of working with children I got some great ideas and pointers.

Must have for new and experienced practitioners.
on 17 October 2013
Full of excellent ideas which help you work with children in a fun, intimidating free way. Highly recommended! Buy, buy, buy!
on 23 November 2013
This book is excellent for anyone working with children in a capacity where they need to build a relationship and talk about difficult issues. Really easy read and fantastic ideas!
on 6 June 2013
Good book that anyone can learn from, no matter their experience level! I enjoyed the sound rationale mixed with creative ways of working.
on 17 June 2013
This is a great book, simple but effective. It has lots of tips and acitivities that can be completed with children, without having to buy expensive resources. Within a few days of buying the book I was able to put some of the ideas into practice. I have bought other books that have been more expensive and a lot less effective. I would recommend this to both new and old practitioners within childcare, therapeutic and social care settings - I am sure you will gain something from it, I know i have.
on 3 February 2014
Exactly what I was looking for - it was a huge help to me when dealing with children in an educational setting
on 22 July 2015
I was a bit disappointed that this did not have as many direct work activities that they had suggested in the blurb, however it was easy to download and is a reminder that social workers are doing amazing things despite the bashings they get!