on 18 April 2013
So to start off with, this is an anthology, so it's rather hard to rate the book as a whole. I bought this purely because there was a Karen Chance story and I'm the type of girl who wants to own everything by their favourite authors.

It was a mix of some really good stories (I particularly enjoyed Zola's Pride by Moira Rogers, The Gauntlet by Karen Chance and The Son's of Ra) and a lot of really average ones. There was the usual paranormal romance cliché of supernatural angst ridden girl meets supernatural angst ridden boy. There were some where they already met. Obviously there were more than a few that were short stories that are spin offs from a main series. (See Karen Chance), the problem was that some of the stories felt like they had a lot more left to say and others seemed what could be an entire novel condensed into a few dozen pages and some that just didn't offer a lot.

However it's nice to be able to read one story and put it back down for the evening. Overall, it's ok, but I wouldn't rate it as the best anthology out there.
on 18 July 2014
This is a collection of stories some are great but other ones are not as good . An amusing read good writing nice to read but not set the world on fire.
on 15 April 2013
I liked the short story type of book and this was very good indeed for this. It was rather surreal at times but most of the stories were good. If you lie an unusual book with different stories this is for you. I read the Mammoth Book of Ghost Love Stories first and bought this becuase I enjoyed that as well. When is the next Mammoth book out soon I hope.
on 16 June 2017
Very entertaining.
on 22 April 2013
A very good read with something for everyone, I really enjoyed it, well done everyone for your contribution, well worth the money paid.
on 10 August 2013
very good selection from a decent range of authors. Most stories had a "tingle" to them. Like any anthology, some stories stand out, some lack lusture, and some i just found plain annoying! However, i have found a couple of new authors worth exploring - so that is always a bonus!
on 17 March 2016
Excellent seller recommend thanks
on 9 June 2013
Enjoyed reading these short stories, made me want to read more of the Mammoth series of books.Also wanted to read more by some of the authors
on 27 December 2009
This is a fantastic anthology for anyone who enjoys paranormal stories, especially paranormal romance. The offerings vary from paranormal to futuristic to fantasy--something for everyone. There are two stories that didn't resonate with me, but the rest I rate as good, very good, or excellent. Because there are so many, I shall mention only my favorites here.

Taking Hold by Anya Bast 4*. Wonderful werewolf romance.
Daniel by C.T Adams and Cathy Clamp 4*. Vampire romance. Great characters.
Light Through Fog by Holly Lisle 4*. Evocative tearjerker. Something a little different to the usual paranormal romance.
The Tuesday Enchantress by Mary Jo Putney 4*. Great characters and we get a glimpse of an interesting world.
Trinity Blue by Eve Silver 5*. I already love Eve Silver's books, but if I hadn't read them yet, this story would make me rush out to buy them.
Grace of Small Magics by Ilona Andrews 5*. Wonderful world building and interesting characters. I haven't read any of Ilona Andrews's full-length books yet, but I have one on my tbr pile that I've just moved to the top.
Pele's Tears by Catherine Mulvany 4*. Loved the setting and the premise.
Pack by Jeaniene Frost 5*. Another one that made me immediately check on Amazon for other books by this author. Great characters.
When Gargoyles Fly by Lori Devoti 5*. Interesting characters--something a little different.
The Lighthouse Keeper and his Wife 4*. Interesting concept. I wanted to give this 5*, but it was the hero who just held me back from doing that.
At Second Bite by Michelle Rowan 4.5*. This is a fairly standard vampire story, but I loved the characters and the author's voice.
In Sheep's Clothing by Maljean Brook 5*. Loved the characters and the setting. This is another author I shall seek out more from
The Dream Catcher by Jennifer Ashley 5*. I loved the concept of this story; it's more fantasy than paranormal. The characters and world building are great and I loved the author's voice. I shall be searching out more by Jennifer Ashley.

I highly recommend this anthology to all lovers of paranormal. It's a great way to discover new authors.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 5 April 2009
..a muc better antho, with several mainstream authors whose names sold this book for me. Of its predecessor, I only read maybe some 6 tales, i.e. the ones I'd bought the book for, but I think I read most of these, or poss all of these, though in slightly less depth than in my bought-for tales. All in all, a good read, a decent price from amazon.co.uk and bargain, we got it here before it came out in the US!!