on 11 October 2013
This is a clearly written book full of examples and exercises to help this recovering from trauma. It is sad that the person who reviewed this as one star has not been able to see the value of the book - it certainly does not deserve such a scathing and unhelpful review.

For my work as a therapist and for me personally, the tone and style of the book conveys warmth and sensitivity and most importantly reminds us that:
we are not alone,
this is not our fault
and it is possible to change.

on 16 January 2014
Very clear to follow. Contains exercises to work through, it is a very kind and compassionately written book. The bbok suggests that some people might find it useful to work through on their own, but that there may be peoply who will also benefit from working with a counsellor.
on 10 January 2014
i am working through the compassion focused therapy with my psychologist and this book re-enforces what i get through in my sessions, this therapy works better if you have done the mindfulness therapy. good luck in your journey
on 28 September 2013
I have been fortunate enough in the past to receive Compassionate Mind Therapy, and it worked! The book is now my bible. Recommend to anyone who needs support to overcome a trauma. The author has great knowledge, expertise and empathy.
on 2 September 2013
This is an excellent book - a very good overview of compassionate mind therapy and the concepts that underpin it. It gives practical exercises to use with clients who have experiences significant trauma.

Very well written, and a good read ...
on 29 April 2013
reading this book leaves me feeling calm and in control. so, not only recommend to those in the counselling profession, but also for personal use.
on 26 January 2014
Fantastic book. Arrived really quickly in great quality. Content is starting to change my life now.Just what I've been searching for.
on 29 May 2013
Really gets to grip with trauma and provides a practical guide to supporting those suffering from trauma. A very helpful guide for the professionals.
on 11 March 2013
Great book. Would highly recommended. Would've scored it 5 stars but I already have two compassion focused therapy books so it was repetitive for me. However if you have no other CFT books this is a great buy
on 27 January 2013
I love the 'compassionate mind' approach in general. I think this book applies it well to trauma. Still working through it but its very accessible/easy to read.