on 21 March 2011
I loved it - spellbound from beginning to end. Agatha is delightfully entertaining, warts and all. A murder mystery with a fallible, bumbling and successful private eye. We laugh and cry with her as each story unfolds recognising aspects of ourselves here and there. Stir together Miss Marple, Bridget Jones, a cottage in the country with two cats, a motley assortment of friends, and a murder or two. Watch out for the sports car in this one!
on 25 July 2013
Even after 11 previous adventures, it is almost impossible to be bored by Agatha Raisin. Once again we return to the Cotswolds to find Agatha's love-life in ruins, dark goings on in a haunted house and all the fun you expect from MC Beaton's wonderful creation. It is nice to find a book that you dip in and out of, yet every time you arrive, it's to be greeted by an old friend; well done Agatha, see you again soon!
on 21 April 2013
Anyone who ever read any Agatha Raisin story, is going to love this. Anyone who didn't is too, providing they don't take life too seriously. I am now modelling myself on this grumpy lady - nosy, comfortable, man hunter getting involved in village murders.... Like Murder She Wrote only funnier! If you need cheering up or just a little escapism, any of the Agatha Raisin books are a good place to start.
on 31 March 2010
I just love all the Agathe Raisin books, not hard to follow,and have so much humour and life in them
on 20 September 2014
A good tale, however, not as riveting as some of the others in Agatha Raisin series. I did not feel that I had to devour the whole book in one sitting, found it quite easy to put down and pick up again at will. Nonetheless as always from M C Beaton amusing and well written with all my favourite characters.
on 20 June 2009
I PURCHASED A SET OF AGATHA RAISIN BOOKS AND COULD NOT PUT THEM DOWN. I BOUGHT THE REST FROM AMAZON AND AGAIN FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO STOP READING THEM. THEY ARE ABOUT MURDER AND THE FEMALE LEAD CHARACTER IS REALLY FUNNY AS SHE DOES NOT CARE WHAT SHE SAYS TO ANYONE. GREAT READ.
on 25 December 2012
Agatha Raisin's exploits have always entertained me. Easy to read with the odd bit of humour. The
Haunted House was no exception. The disappointing bit for me however, was the ending. It all happened very quickly and rather too conveniently leaving the reader feeling somewhat cheated.
on 11 May 2014
This one starts off in a fairly simple way. Aggie and her new neighbour Paul investigate a supposedly haunted house but before long we have a murder or three and off we go ...

The story culminates in Aggie deciding to become an amateur detective. Watch this space!
on 8 May 2012
Yet again Agatha (or rather M C Beaton) seems to find another thrilling plot, with many a twist. A light-hearted read about the infuriating woman, before the start of her sleuthing company, bored with life in the sticks! Well recommended to anyone who's yet to meet her.
on 9 July 2016
I h given this b a 5 rating, because I really enjoyed the story. It is well written and easy to read and funny, good story .There is nothing to dislike about this book, and I would recommend it to all my friends. Great book.