Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 April 2017
Good delivery and all fine. Good recipes for those enlightened, healthier lifestyle changers to LC/HF way of eating. Definitely lose weight and become fitter by eating less carbs and more fat; more fat makes one less hungry so one eats less but healthy food and it is a sustainable lifestyle. Wrong advice (based on flawed research) has been fed to us for the last 40 years!!! Eating fat does not create heart disease; excess carbs certainly add to heart problems though.
on 7 June 2017
Really good recipes very pleased with my purchase Thank you
on 1 June 2016
Only one or two recipes I can use - majority of recipes are definitely NOT low carb!
on 27 July 2016
Nice easy to follow book but some of the ingredients are difficult to find in a general supermarket and are expensive. İ made one of the bread recipes without a bread maker and this took the majority of the day, however the spicy porridge is great giving a good energy boost.
on 27 August 2014
I had always believed that hard exercise was the only way to fitness and getting into shape and dieting was just for people too idle to work out. Thanks to Laura's advice on her Facebook page, @LauraLamontAuthor, I'm realising that view was a bit silly and combining exercise with a diet is simply a much more effective way of doing things.

This book has given me some great ideas for low-carb meals that manage to fill me up after the gym and I'm really getting into shape. Thanks Laura!
on 4 April 2016
Very informative book. I've been on low carb diets years ago and have kept the weight off for the past 20 years but when I noticed that the pounds were creeping back on I needed a bit of info to boost me again. This book hits the spot as it let's you choose what to eat and how much. I really dislike diet books that make you stick to an unrealistic menu as not everyone likes some of their menu choices nor are the ingredients available. Recipes look easy and tasty an tell you the information you need to know. I'm glad I bought it, I've been on a diet most of my life in one form or another and this is the best one I've come across to date.
I’m not someone who needs to lose weight but am always on the look-out for quick, tasty and healthy meal ideas. The first 40 or so pages of this book explain about low-carb diets, and then gets to the recipes, divided into breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts.

This has handy notes on preparation time (which seem pretty accurate) as well as calorie, fat and carb counts for those who want them. Not all the recipes are accompanied by photographs which is a shame, as I can’t always picture how a dish is supposed to look.

Peanut and tofu pad thai, Moroccan fish stew, tomato and olive tofu have all turned out well, and there are some interesting recipes for making ‘pastry’ from ground almonds instead of flour. I’m not a particularly confident cook or one willing to spend much time in the kitchen, but there’s plenty here that I would tackle with ease.

You don’t have to be following a low-carb or any other diet to enjoy this book: for fans of healthy eating, this offers some interesting new dishes to try.
on 4 June 2014
I bought this in book form and love it, so got the kindle version too - supermarket ingredient shopping a doddle now! Love the style of the book - simple to understand, like having a chat with a girlfriend. All the recipes I have tried so far have been delicious too. Thanks Ms Lamont
on 23 January 2017
This book wasn't particularly inspiring or creative... I'm not sure what I was expecting but 4 months into low carb eating I was expecting more...
on 4 August 2014
This is an excellent book, which is pleasing on the eye and on the taste buds. I am usually sceptical about low-carb recipes and how they will taste, but my wife and I have found the few dishes we've tried so far to be really tasty. All in all, a really nice book to own.