on 27 September 2013
I haven't had it that long so I have not tried out all the recipes I want as yet. So far I have really enjoyed the shakshoukah, the mixed greens frittata, the carrot salad, the pepper and walnut dip, fattoush salad, beetroot, radish and grapefruit salad. Also the chamomile chicken, sumac chicken casserole, quinces stuffed with veal and berries. All the recipes were clear and well explained and easy to follow.

There is a whole vegetarian section I haven't even looked at properly - and my wife tells me the desserts look wonderful (I don't eat them so very rarely cook them - only when she bribes me)

A useful section of basic recipes and methods concludes the book - very helpful. As is the two page guide to stocking the store cupboard.

It is a nice piece of book production, well laid out and good to handle. Also the photographs have been kept under control - they do not crowd out the recipes as in some recent cookbooks.

Have a look at it in a bookshop and see if you don't find several recipes you want to make as soon as you can
2 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2015
Every recipe has a photo and the recipes are well written. Explanations in back describe spices and cooking methods. Just what I needed to put a variation on cooking as it's easy to just keep making the same things.
Now, as to the shipping: I wasn't able to leave feedback for the method of packaging. I live in the states and didn't want to go thru the trouble of sending this back to exchange as it arrived water damaged. I could see the parcel had gotten wet and on closer look, could see that the book have gotten damp and the pages had that crunchy sound and some were sticking together. The photos were okay and the cover was okay, so I just let it go.
on 31 December 2013
I love this cookbook. The illustrations are fabulous and colour rich, it is a feast for the eyes. There are so ingredients which are not going to be found in your average food store, however not a lot of searching will find all the parts for you. Some of the more simple recipes are in fact some of the more tasty dishes. A nice supplementary book to Ottolenghi's Jerusalem.
on 13 May 2014
Seems a good book. I liked it so much I bought the hard back edition. I like to actually read cook books as well as have the recipies out of them. Lots of different type recipie to try us ing bulgar wheat, cous cous and quinoa, all which make a change from rice or pasta.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 13 August 2015
very interresting recipes makes a nice change from the usual spicey cook books mmakes a good bedtime read too so inpressed ordered one for my friend
on 30 July 2013
Bethany Kehdy has created a beautiful cookbook with great illustrations and easy to follow recipes.

This is so important to me when trying to cook something I have never cooked before. Mouth watering dishes with wonderful exciting ingredients.

I just love all the recipes and will en-devour to work my way through the whole mouth watering dishes.

Thumbs up for this book and I cannot wait for the next one!!!
4 people found this helpful
on 15 February 2017
fantastic product
on 5 January 2015
One of the best Middle Eastern cookery books I have bought. Lots of new recipes and you can easily adapt the recipes to use different meats, fish etc.
on 11 July 2015
An attractive book and a modern twist on traditional arab cooking.
on 22 July 2015
Loved the recopies. Already tried several recopies.