on 19 March 2012
This is a lovely, colourful pop-up book that would entertain a baby from a few months old to a 3-4 year old. There are 7 pages, each with different pop-ups (a hen, cow, horse, goose, sheep, goat and dog) which jump out from the middle of the page and there's a little rhyme about the specific animal on each page, so it's not really a story. The pages are very colourful and the pop-ups are good quality but could be damaged by little grabbing hands!

I've bought this as a present for a 1 year old but will definitely be purchasing other books in the series as presents or for my own children.

Recommended!
on 30 April 2011
We got this for my son from before he turned a year and it has been a firm favourite. We have since purchased several more Jack Tickle books in this series. I would say that the rhyme scheme for this book is great (compared to the ocean one which is a bit forced) and if you want one with familiar animals to teach your kids how to identify animals, this is perfect. At 16 months old, he can make many of the animal noises no thanks to us reading this book night after night since he never seems to tire of it.

If you are going for the pop ups, good as these are, the ocean one has much more stunning pop ups although the rhyme in that one seems more forced. For older kids, I would recommend the dinosaur one which is excellent.
on 13 April 2017
Book was in excellent condition. Delivery was fast. Book itself is very good. Bought for a 1 year old who loves it. The pop ups are amazing. Obviously supervision is needed with this type of book. There is lots of variety in book so I can see it being a firm favourite for several years
on 7 May 2011
We bought this for our daughter to enjoy and I am so glad we did as she certainly loves it!

It is a lovely, brightly coloured book showing a variety of farm animals going about their every day business. As you turn the pages the animals leap off the page as they pop out at you! This always results in a great amount of laughter and excitement from our 2 year old.

The pictures are all really bright which captures her attention and the animals are very cute with big eyes and smiles so very appealing to young children.

The pop up work is fantastic, they are the best that I have seen as they are extremely effective. You do just have to take care that little fingers don't rip them else they won't work!
on 10 October 2015
My niece loves this book, so colourful and bright..
on 9 January 2013
This is a brilliant book. Colourful and fun although smaller children need to be watched as they tend to want to pull out all the flaps! And some move sideways ... Great fun book.
on 5 February 2011
I bought The Very Silly Sheep for my niece. I haven't given it to her yet so I don't how she will react to it but I personally love it.
The pop-ups are amazing and quite big and the colours are beautiful.
It's got nothing to do with a silly sheep though.This is not a story book each page has an animal 'pop-up' with a short rhyming text.
I'm pretty sure that any child will be delighted to have such a book!
on 29 April 2011
Amazingingly wonderful pop up book, colourful and delightful pop up pictures.
a delight for small children to enter into the world of books through such an exciting way.
I intend to buy the set of Jack Tickle books and hope they are all as superb.
on 22 February 2012
Bought this as a gift for a friend's daughter. Was really impressed with this book (enjoyed playing with it myself!). So impressed, I intend to order more copies as gifts for others. Would definitely recommend purchaing this.
on 15 May 2013
bought this for our 2yr old grandson, he has several of Jack Tickle's pop-up books, and he enjoys and loves them all. they are very good quality, so little hands can enjoy turning the pages themselves