Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 4 November 2014
This is a children's classic first published over 80 years ago. This collection comes with the first 6 original tales.
1. The Squirrel, the Hare and the Little Grey Rabbit.
2. How Little Grey Rabbit Got Back Her Tail.
3. The Great Adventure of Hare.
4. The Story of Fuzzypeg the Hedgehog.
5. Squirrel Goes Skating.
6. Little Grey Rabbit's Christmas.

The is also a note from the editor as well as some information about the author and the artist included.
The illustrations are simple and beautifully drawn depicting each character in the most natural way. The colours are lovely too.
The stories are nice too. These are real classics. The kind of stories you would want your little one growing up with.
I love this book.
on 4 September 2011
I loved little grey rabbit when I was a girl and bought it for my granddaughter hoping she would love it too. I was apprehensive because her taste is for funny or even scary stories usually, but she ADORED it. Some of our happiest moments are reading the book together. It's a beautiful edition with the original charming illustrations.
on 29 November 2004
The adventures of the Little Grey Rabbit and her woodland friends have been classic nursery favourites since they were first published in the 1920's. Now this unique treasury, containing the original four stories in the series, will captivate a new generation of children everywhere.
Read how brave Little Grey Rabbit tends to her friends, Squirrel and Hare, paying dearly to keep them happy; how an encounter with a fox has grave consequences for Hare; and how Wise Owl comes to the rescue when it's dark and late and there are stoats and weasels in the wood.
Alison Uttley's charming and witty stories are perfectly complemented by the freshness and detail of Margaret Tempest's original illustrations.
The four stories in this treasury are entitled:
The Squirrel, The Hare and The Little Grey Rabbit.
How Little Grey Rabbit Got Back Her Tail.
The Great Adventure of Hare.
The Story of Fuzzypeg the Hedgehog.
"A long time ago there lived in a little house on the edge of the wood, a Hare, a Squirrel, and a Little Grey Rabbit........"
on 21 March 2013
Bought for my great grandchild as the Gray Rabbit was a favorite of mine as a child. She will enjoy having this read to her, and the illustrations are so gentle and innocent.
This is a wonderful collection of Little Grey Rabbit stories which ideal for reading aloud to your child.

I still remember having these stories read to me by my teacher Mrs Bell when I was just 8 years old.
The stories have stayed with me for years- maybe it was the reader but the stories were wonderful and instilled a love of stories which has continued and remained with me to this day.
I can remember the plots and how we felt when Little Grey Rabbit was brave and approached the wise old owl then the visit to the foxes house.

These stories are charming wonderful and timeless.

Don't you think your children or grand children deserve to be introduced to the wonder of stories?

Then get this book.
on 5 January 2014
This book is lovely - my husband had the little grey rabbit tales when he was a boy and he also read them to our daughter. Our daughter now has children of her own and we purchased this book because she had seen it in a book store and mentioned how much she had loved it. As dutiful grandparents we got it for our five year old granddaughter and she loves it too. Both my daughter and my husband enjoy reading the much loved tales to her. So a trip down memory lane for them and delightful tales for the little ones.
on 22 June 2014
I loved the Little Grey Rabbit stories when i was younger & revisited them recently for a friends baby shower where we had to bring a copy of our favourite childhood book. I think the stories are wonderful for children as they are innocent, wholesome stories & encourage children's imaginations of nature & what all the wildlife could get up to. But equally wonderful for adults for a bit of cute wildlife brought to life. Highly recommend to children & adults alike :)
on 24 June 2014
These are books my mother and my aunts bought for me and my sisters when we were children, which I loved and bought for my children. They loved them, too, even though they were not country children. And I hope the stories, the little characters, the illustrations and the occasional verses will delight my granchildren, too.
on 3 February 2014
I wasn't sure if this book would appeal to modern day children, what with all the gadgets they have, but my Great Granddaughter loves her Mum reading it to her. ITseems that Little Grey Rabbit can still stir the imagination
on 9 January 2014
I adored Little Grey Rabbit as a girl, and still do. Bought to send to great nephew, just hope he learns to love it too.