Customer reviews

Welcome to Mamoko
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 9 March 2017
These books are fantastic. Great for children who can't yet read but want to tell you the story. My son is 4 and absolutely loves it
on 5 May 2017
This is one of my daughter's favourite books. Just choose a character and follow them throughout the book. There are also lots of other little things to find in the book. Would highly recommend.
on 9 November 2014
Welcome to Mamoko is the first of the three excellent books in this series.

Apart from initial description of characters the book consitst only of illustrations. But what amazing illustrations they are! The characters are animals, there are city scenes, park scenes, market square, train station, underground, planes, cars, bikes, fire engines, buses. A detective is looking through a magnifying glass, an alien is taking a picture, turtle has a hole in his bag and lost all his apples - now they are scattered throughout all the pages.The illustrations aren't as small and crowded as in "Where is Wally?" (making it more suitable for younger kids too) and there is a sequence, a story to follow from page to page. This is one way you can use this book: choose a character and tell its story through the pages but there are so many more ways: look and find, talk about characters and places, make up stories, describe what's happening.

The book has a lot of details which would make it a bit overwhelming for babies but toddlers will exclaim with excitement many times whilst watching the same page (animals, trains etc.) and listening to the stories you or their older siblings may want to tell them. The older kids will be chatting away and you won't even realize when you start as well.

It is a large (bigger than A4) board book but it doesn't feel very thick and chunky, pages are rather slim (for a board book). It comes to its advantage as your kids will go through it over and over again so it will last.

I would recommend this book together with "Mamoko in the Time of Dragons" and "The World of Mamoko in the Year 3000". They are engaging and kids come back to them time and again.
on 7 November 2013
I bought it for my 5 year old son and he loves it. He is not a real chatterbox but with this book, he can make up a thousand and one stories! I think it's brilliant if you want your kids to tell you stories instead of you reading stories at bed time. Good buy and I would recommend it for young kids.
on 26 May 2014
We bought this for our 2 year old at Christmas and it remains one of her favourite bedtime books, whether she is making up the stories herself or we are. There is so much detail that you are forever finding new things on each page, no matter how many times you've read it! One of those children's books that actually appeals to kids and adults of all ages. Incredibly clever and inspiring. I wish there were more books like this!
on 21 March 2014
This book was a great find for my sons aged 5 and 8. The five-year-old enjoys it especially, and picks out characters to either follow on his own or have us narrate the story for him. Except for the character description at the start, there are no words, so we can make up our own story every time. The illustrations are cute.
on 21 January 2014
I don't usually write reviews but I've been recommending this book to anyone who will listen. As a huge fan of children's books and mum of a very distracted 2 year old, I've been hunting for a book like this. It's a perfect way to truly engage and tell stories to each other in your own words.

It's great for a quick "can you find..." type activity or to take longer to follow one character throughout the whole book. It's beautifully illustrated too. I had already bought Richard Scarry and Where's Wally books in the hope of creating an interactive story type experience for the two of us and accidentally stumbled upon this. The other two don't even get a look in from my son.

It's big and chunky but not babyish. I'll definitely be ordering the other titles for his birthday.
on 26 February 2015
Amazing book full of images and multiple stories for your little one! A must buy! Easy to create your own story lines and always something new to point out. beautifully drawn, however I would have prefered non tonal use of colour.
on 26 July 2015
Our daughter loves this book. She wants to read it every night. It trains her memory, her ability to spot details and most of all her imagination. No words, just beutiful pictures. So many ways to tell the story
on 30 October 2016
Amazing. My little boy loves following the various characters around the town. The characters even interact with each other so the separate stories link together. He never tires of the same stories we make up.