Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 April 2013
I've seen this on a famous auction site for over double the price here.
Very informative and the tricks included are very simple and effective. It reveals some insight into the world of illusions and magic without giving too much away.
Some food for thought and inspiration to seek more answers as a modern day Jonathan Creek!

Great for all ages and all levels of magical interest.
on 26 December 2015
Amazing book. It is beautiful, well illustrated and full of extremely interesting information. The tricks you can do are relatively simple and my 11 year old is able to do them quite well. He was curled up for a couple of hours with this book.
on 15 January 2014
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter who is interested in magic. She has hardly put it down, there are lots of tricks in the book and instructions on how to do illusions using cards, coins and other stuff most people will have in their house. The illusions are easy to master and there is also lots of information about famous magicians and how illusions were invented. Fantastic book for children who enjoy magic.
on 4 June 2012
Arrived on time and my daughter was thrilled. She's a complete book worm so this was a very welcome addition. She collects this series and has loved every single one. They are beautifully illustrated, contain lots of facts and really interesting info. My whole family have enjoyed looking at these. They are hardback and the front covers are stunning with sturdy bindings. Books to keep, treasure and hand down to future generations. Well worth the price.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2015
Wonderfully illustrated book, with just enough information to keep a 7-year-old child entertained for a good time. The magical tricks are very simple, but the addition of some magic props, especially 'Crookes and Schaffer's Dematerialiser' was a very nice touch. Recommended.
on 24 February 2016
I bought this book as a Christmas present for my 11 year old son, but I must admit to sneaking a look myself. I love it. It is beautifully illustrated, there are holograms and different bits and pieces attached to pages to explain the tricks or illusions. I would thoroughly recommend this book for both adults and children alike.
It would look good on a coffee table.
on 24 January 2014
I have to say this is my favourite book. I got this for Christmas and thought nothing of it. It was the quickest and most enjoyable book I have ever read. I didn't think there were any bad parts of the book. And the whole thing was amazing! I have recently ordered the oceanology book and can't wait until it arrives!
on 15 August 2012
Love this book, bought it for my nephew and he loved it. He is 7 years old and each page had something new and interesting on it. Very happy with this purchase. Thank you
on 20 January 2013
Bought this as a present for my son as he has several of the ology series. Just as good as the others with several tricks to try.
on 29 May 2013
A great book, full of hidden extras and magic tricks suitable for readers young and older readers alike, definitely recommend.