Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Excellent revision book. My students highly recommended it.
on 30 March 2015
Great price. V helpful book.
on 7 November 2012
I am currently studied for a GCSE in Psychology and this book has been very, very useful for my revision
on 5 February 2015
great
on 22 April 2013
This revision book is worth every penny. It is an absolute must for anyone studying AQA GCSE Psychology. The basics are covered so clearly, and so thoroughly, that even a monkey could understand them. Always a good sign to us intellectually challenged chimpanzees! It sticks to the AQA exam specification like glue. No padding or waffle. Lean and mean, but without loosing any of the important detailed information that you need in order to pass the exam well. A very helpful, detailed glossary of terms and definitions is also provided. Written by highly experienced teachers who clearly know the AQA GCSE Psychology syllabus inside out and sideways. They even explain the AQA marks scheme and how the marks are spread over the 2 papers. The authors have written the book from the reasonable premise that during the past academic year the reader has been regularly attending a AQA GCSE Psychology course, as opposed to studying GCSE Psychology in Antarctica via a distance learning course!!! Warning! Teenage penguins might find that the AQA GCSE Psychology syllabus is intellectually challenging even after a big fish supper! In such event, consider studying the OCR "psychology light" GCSE course.
on 12 January 2011
I bought this book as I am home-schooling my daughter and it was recommended to me. I have found unless you have a good knowledge of the subject already this book is not a suitable choice.
The information is fast-packed with very technical language without enough explanations. If you've already studied this subject and just want a quick revision I'm sure it's fine but that's all it is, basically a post-it note of terms.
on 20 May 2011
As a teacher I have recommended this revision guide to all my students. It sets out the specification in a clear, and easy to understand way, something that students are always seeking from resources. The use of examples throughout the guide allows students to further their understanding, as well as giving them points of reference on how to apply some theories.

The list of key terms at the beginning of each topic is very useful for students, allowing them to see key terms they need to include in their answers, as well as the key terms they should be able to define in the exam.

The example question and answers sections allows students to see how much they need to write, and what they should include in an answer to get the relevant marks. This along with exam tips and revision advice makes this guide the perfect complement to lesson material in revision.
on 19 May 2011
I teach psychology at GCSE and Level 3 (A level and Access to HE). Many of my students have used this book, even though I teach GCSE for OCR and WJEC boards, not AQA. We have however found it really useful for many studies and for general evaluation 'practice' and discussion of ethics, etc. The research methods section is particularly good - it summarises some complicated terminology and procedures in a way that my GCSE, A level and Access students have all found really helpful.Main overlaps with Welsh Board psych come with Prejudice, Behaviorism (CC, OC, SLT), Sex and gender generally and methods / ethics. Access to H.E. students like it for its clear, straightforward explanations and ease of understanding. Great stuff !
on 6 May 2011
I found this book extremely helpful for my students to whom I recommended it. They loved it. It offers a concise guide to all they need to know in the exam with terms clearly defined and advice on revision techniques. The students know exactly what they have to learn as the AQA specification is outlined. There is also a 'don't panic' element which I believe is reassuring.
on 14 May 2011
Bought this for my daughter and thought it was a bit pricey as most revision guides cost less than this, however she says it's really good. It backs up everything she has learnt at school, is well set out and helps her to make sense of he bits she wasn't too sure about. Recommended.