on 14 January 2014
Usually I am quite sceptical when it comes to the dreaded “self-help books” that seem to proliferate every January, so it was with some trepidation that I bought this book. To say I was pleasantly surprised is somewhat of an understatement; it was a great read and gave me lots of useful ideas! The introduction was preceded with a note from the authors which really struck a chord with me and, I believe, allowed me to fully access the material presented. In addition each chapter has specific strategies to help improve mood or deal with negativity, whether through physical activities or taking control of your thinking process. Overall I was amazed at the clarity and volume of information in such a small and well-designed book. I would definitely recommend buying this book, even if you don’t think it is your thing you will be able to take something out of it. It also looks great! Now all I need to do is order a copy of the three other books in this series…
on 13 January 2014
I've been looking for books like this for ages. Something that combines the motivational with the practical, with lots of good advice and ways to improve mood. I've read both "Happy" and "Calm" from the series and both have really made a difference. I was new to CBT before reading them, but I really like the techniques because they were easy to understand and they actually worked!
on 20 August 2014
If you suffer from low mood and low self esteem, this book will pick you up and give you a new perspective and a more positive outlook. I am real sceptic about this kind of stuff, but if you are honest with yourself, this book will help and it is written in everyday English - fantastic!!
on 8 April 2014
This is a no nonsense book with good practical help and tasks. It is very accessabile to read as not written in medical jargon which ends up confusing you. Good for even dipping in and out to remind yourself it is only a passing dark cloud.
on 23 July 2014
I found this book really accessible and easy to read, rather than be loaded with the standard confusing and depressing medical terminology. This actual makes this book enjoyable AND it didn't end up being used as a door stop, like previous ''self-help' books I've attempted to read in the past. Am keen to read the other books in the series.
on 28 June 2015
I suffered from depression and anxiety so i bought all the books in the range. They have really changed my thought processes and make you think of things more clearly. CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) can really help. I was on medication which was not doing me any good as it didn't solve the initial problems i had so i invested in these books and i'm glad i did. If i ever feel down, i can always read through these books again to refresh the way i think about things. I would definitely give them a try before turning to medication!
on 13 February 2014
An excellent book which shows a great depth of understanding. Very Helpful. This book will make you happy if you put into practice what it says!
on 2 July 2014
Really easy to read and simple techniques help you feel you are making a difference to your thinking straight away. Highly recommended
on 11 February 2014
I loved this book. Came at a time when I was feeling low and after reading it and putting some of the ideas into practice, I began to feel more positive and hopefull for the future. I really recommend this little book.
on 10 July 2014
Excellent book. Easy to read, compact and useful strategies to help turn negative thoughts into positive ones. Self help that works.