on 9 December 2010
Stieg Larssons Millenium Trilogy ia a masterpiece and a priceless legacy to us all, the like of which will probably never be seen again. His premature death is such a tragedy. The books are gripping, challenging and intriguing - real edge of seat, "unputdownable" thrilling stuff! I found the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo amazing, only to be surpassed by the Girl who Played with Fire which in turn was bettered by the Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest - I wanted the series to go on and on and on! It would have meant that no housework got done, only fast food on the menu and very little sleep but what an exciting way to escape from the drudgery of everyday life!
on 25 December 2012
Thank you Amazon. I already had Dragon Tattoo but the next two books were on my Wish List so I just had to snaffle this. I love being able to read a trilogy in one go.
on 26 July 2011
I just loved these books couldnt put them down, Ifound them very exciting,but not for the faint hearted, plenty of killing etc, but so sad I will never read them again for the first time! felt i had lost old friends, when I finished!!! If you like a good murder / mystery these are for you highly recommended.
on 27 January 2014
If you like a thriller with twists, unusual characters that grow on you then stick to you like shadows on a bright sunny day, and a story more believable for its shockingness than less, then this trilogy is a must.
Don't see the film first. Let Blomkvist and Salander immerse themselves into your psyche from the powerfully written books. Accept that the first book is just a tiny taste of the whole and don't give up. The reading grows into a compulsion.
on 25 December 2012
I've already read all three of these in book form and they are so good I plan to read them again, something I rarely do. I lost the first book through loaning to a "friend" and was thinking of replacing it when along comes this offer, for less than the price of one book!!

As for the books themselves they are an excellent read and match all the hype I've seen about them. If you like the crime genre buy this today, I'm confident that you will be very glad you did.
on 12 July 2014
I've read all three, watched all three on DVD and still find them a terrific read, compelling you to read on and either find out what new twists and turns are going to happen or to be reminded of them as you read them again. So sad that Larsson died - he showed had the ability to be a really great writer, and the potential to go much further
on 25 December 2012
I already have these books but as soon as I saw them in the Kindle Daily Deal I had to have them!!!!!! An absolute bargain and the books are definitely worth the hype. All 3 of them are some of the best books I have read and keep you hooked to the end. Don't hesitate, download them now, you won't regret it!! A fab Xmas treat, thanks Amazon!!
on 29 December 2015
These three books are a wonderful read, but not without some faults. The main one to me is that none of the investigating team seem to have the almost impossible task of the three murders having been done me by a tiny girl shooting the victims with one aimed headshot. Anyone who has practiced pistol shooting would find it almost impossible to do this without endless practice. But that aside, they are extremely exciting.
on 3 January 2014
Having watched both the original and the Anglo-American films of ".....Dragon Tattoo" on tv, I was intrigued enough by both the story and the characters to feel that I wanted to read the whole trilogy. When I found it available as a single Kindle book, I decided to buy it just before Christmas, but given that each of the books is long I'm only 5% of the way through. So far, it's largely living up to expectations, but I suspect that having seen the films helps. There is quite a lot of back exposition in the early stages - about Blomkvist's clash with Wennerstrom and about the history of the Vanger family - that might otherwise have been confusing or offputting. At least I already know how all the disparate elements ultimately fit together. I shall be interested to find out how the other two volumes match up with the original.

"Edited" June 23rd:

It's taken me 6 months but I've finally reached the end of Book 3. I was gripped by the main story and impressed by the way Larsson made all the pieces fit together so that incidents from Book 1, for example, become relevant in the denouement in Book 3. I did possibly flag a little at times while reading Book 2 but by the final stages of Book 3 I could hardly read it fast enough. Like others I did find remembering the names of all the characters difficult, especially for all the (good and bad) cops, but this might have been partly because of the unfamiliarity of the names or because I was reading the Kindle version where it is not so easy as in a real book to flick backwards and forwards. I would also agree that some of the background detail (like the back exposition I mentioned originally) can hold up the progress of the story, but this is a minor niggle. I can now see that the impression created by Book 1 is perhaps misleading in that the Vanger family story seems to dominate over that of Lisbeth Salander whereas the other 2 books focus more directly on the Salander story itself, but that probably means that of the 3, Book 1 is the one which can most stand alone. At times, perhaps, certain events do stretch credibility, but the sheer grip of the story means that the reader overlooks this in the rush to read on. Developments during the long anticipated court hearing in Book 3 (I will say no more to avoid any spoiler) almost had me cheering aloud. I'm glad that I have read the whole trilogy and that I could carry it around very easily, thanks to my Kindle Fire.
on 9 July 2014
Amazing quality novel. Sometimes, there was just too much information to absorb at once so it's quite heavy going. There was especially too much at the beginning with the whole finance and government affairs to absorb at once and trying to put in context what relevance it had to the overall story, it was too much too soon that I nearly quit the whole thing. I somehow persevere and it all became clear, I became addicted and finished the whole trilogy in 5 days. There are plenty of sections though that I thought was a bit irrelevant but at the same time all the extra information made for a fuller world.

It was a great read, though the last book is the weakest, I can't help think it was stretch out a bit too much and sometimes went in a circle where you're digesting the same information again and again.

Still I recommend this to anyone who likes crime thrillers.