on 21 January 2009
I found this book very useful as a reference point for my studies, I have used this book alongside my generic criminology textbook to understand specific key points in relation to the media and what it means to the society in relation to crime.

I found the section on the media and fear of crime very explanatory and also the section about crime watch. I have used quotes from the book as a part of an assignment and have also made several notes to aid my study. I found the authors writing style easy to understand and didn't leave me asking to many questions about the quality of the text.

This is the first book in this series I have purchased and I do think that to collect the whole series as they are produced will cost a small fortune however I feel you get what you pay for and would recommend this book to anyone who is looking to gain further knowledge in this specific field.
on 17 February 2012
I recommend this book it gives a real good overview of how media and crime are linked. How the media is putting crime at the forefront of our thoughts, and making society believe what is false to be true. I have found it an invaluable tool in my first year of my degree.
on 15 August 2015
Referenced throughout my undergrad course (although I wouldn't recommend relying on it in 3rd year)
on 3 December 2014
Great book, have used it ALOT in my first year studies. Easy to understand and very informative.
on 28 November 2014
Great reads perfectly, fast delivery. Just what I needed for studies.
on 23 February 2015
very good and helpful. was meant to be next day but took longer.
on 28 January 2015