on 26 October 2017
I'm a counselling student, not long into starting placements, and I bought this for some practical knowledge, and to increase my confidence a little. Janet Tolan is excellent as always, and the examples here are very good and very well written!
on 2 October 2017
Great book, very readable, challenging me to reflect and wonder.
on 20 December 2012
This book is easy to read and reference. Originally recommended to me by my tutor and i believe it will continue to be useful to my practice in the future. Easy to identify chapters covering a wide range of counselling issues, including counselling for abuse survivors and addictions. Easy to read and to understand with clear explanations of the issues relating to each area of counselling. Whether used as an ongoing reference for counselling practice or as valuable resource for assignment work, this book will not fail to be useful for a long time to come. One of the best counselling books i have ever had the pleasureto read, i would highly recommend it at whatever price.
on 2 December 2012
Easy to read. Case studies enable you to really hear what is said between client / counsellor. Pick up and dip into it whenever. Definitely finding it useful in my diploma studies. And I would recommend it.
on 18 September 2013
Absolute brilliant book, highly recommend to those who learn better from experiences or stories etc. plenty of case studies for different scenarios to help with ethics and counselling.
on 11 October 2013
The rare gem book for any trainee and practitioner to read, full of stories and examples in various interesting situations.
on 22 August 2015
I think that this book is essential for all counselling students. I recommend buying this during level 3, in time for diploma where this text will prove invaluable.
It is uncomplicated and extremely clear and easy to read. I would describe this book as a pure gem and it's accessibility relieves the stresses of getting your head around theory.
on 14 September 2016
i wish i had found this book during my training. However, it is just as useful as I am with my clients.
on 24 August 2014
great to refer to for client issues for the person centred counsellor
on 27 July 2016
brought this to help write a reflection on counselling skills and client issues. although this book did not directly relate to my essay I found that it helped me see the bigger picture and possible issues which may arise from practice.