Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 September 2014
I am a great believer that if you think you'll get well then you will. We are programmed by our brains our minds there's no magic to it. A strong will comes from a strong mind. You have to believe in yourself and your strengths. We all have weaknesses as well but as with our strengths weakness and fear can be controlled. I have personally conquered a serious illness with meditation and in strong belief that I could get my body back into a healthy state. What I would say to anyone who thinks its all a lot of nonsense, don't knock it until you try it.
on 23 July 2015
How the attitude of the mind effects the body physiologically is clearly explained and how it relates to how and why you are in life.
Lots of evidence here is presented, also how changing your mindset changes your health and other life circumstances.
Written in a thought provoking indepth and insightful style.
A rewarding and interesting read.
Recommended.
on 29 August 2013
Contains a lot of evidence with regards to trials & successes regarding the role that the mind plays in recovery and healing. From "miracle" healings at Lourdes through to placebo trials. The author also touches on the importance of diet, exercise etc to aid recovery. However I do feel that the chapter that discusses the role of alternative therapies in the healing process & that this once again may be a sort of placebo effect may not give them the credit they deserve. On a personal note, in the past, I have channelled Reiki healing to animals, who have made amazing recoveries where all else has failed - this obviously cannot be due to the Placebo effect. I feel that energy medicine in all it's different forms, can also play a significant role in healing. This in itself gives rise to great concern when we see how much we are increasingly subjected to modern technology that only serves to disrupt our energy fields.
on 4 October 2013
This book is amazing! I've always believed in the power of creative visualisation and Dr. Lissa Rankin takes it to another level, sharing her personal journey to wellness as well as other documented cases of mental attitudes affecting positive outcomes in illness. It's about the power of life balance, and positive action when dealing with all levels of illness - or better yet - ensuring you stay well and don't have to face being sick in the first place. Have some tissues to hand, some of the stories are heart-wrenching, but very inspiring!
on 21 May 2013
Brilliant book very good concept it make you understand why people get ill even they take care about themself and how important your childhood abringing has and what your subcounciouse mind plays for your health.
It also gives you the tools to reprogram yourself and reconise the bad habbits and ideas which can make us ill.
on 10 June 2014
This book contains many pages of anecdotal evidence from, to what some people would say are, sources which may not be trustworthy.

Is this a how to book, not really. It is a book geared to saying, look I am an overworked Doctor, that packed medicine in because of my lack of self control and now I have studied some more, and found evidence from various sources which I want to put forward as evidence that the mind has control over the body.

A decent book, but please please have an open mind, and temper your thoughts when reading this. There are many reports from around the world, where people have been healed by faith alone, be that faith in a Doctor or a Priest or indeed faith in many different forms. That the mind is a powerful aide into healing, I have no doubt, just think of the pilgrims that travel long distances to places where they feel they will be healed, and miraculously they are, whilst others are not, and those feel they don't have enough faith, for the healing process to work. I don't believe for one moment that is the case, and it is more likely that the faith helps certain people, not because of the faith itself, but because of the way the body works. You could just as easily say, that these people have not got better, because they have stopped the body healing itself, until they get to their destinations.
There are many instances where people have felt better at a church service, only to leave then feel like they did before. This could be group therapy of many minds or could just be that someone gets ill because of loneliness.

I was a smoker for over thirty years, having tried many different ways of stopping, NRT hypnotherapy and cold turkey. I eventually managed to stop in one day, using something called bioresonance. This is apparently described as a quack medicine therapy by many, and yet worked, so I have no doubt that there are many things in this world, Doctors just do not understand.

Books like this, do gloss over certain facts, whilst promoting the idea they are selling. So whenever you read something like this, please make sure you have an open mind, and take all factors into consideration, and not be led down a path of tunnel mindedness.
The main thing is you have an open mind, and not close it because of ignorance amid critical reviews by closed minded individuals. These are the same sort that said man could never fly.
on 26 August 2013
A well written, easy-to-read book full of common sense backed up with scientific proof for the sceptically minded...
For me this confirms what I have always thought true but have always been scoffed at by medical hierarchy. How the mind perceives your situation in life is crucial for good health - when relaxed and happy, you feel better in yourself. As someone who suffers from an incurable form of Cushings, I know the vital role cortisol and the endocrine system have in the body and that achieving a good balance throughout is crucial. This book has given me hope again that I really can beat this by using my mind in addition to conventional medicine!
on 24 October 2013
I suffer from a chronic illness and have read many self-help books. Whilst I do not always accept the theories and advice in this book, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The author is American so the advice is not always applicable to a British reader. However, the best thing I like about this book is that you get a sense that the author really has a desire to help you and genuinely believes that she is offering you the best advice and help she can. There is plenty of free on-line advice, articles and forums to follow up the book so the author gently prods and nudges you to keep trying. I never expected the book to completely cure me and I really do not know how to implement any of the ideas but I would recommend this book just because it is interesting.
VINE VOICEon 6 July 2013
A well researched and interesting book but I felt that the write rather "over egged the pudding". She had shown proof of the healing power of the mind, but then went on with more and more proof by which time I started to lose interest. This is, maybe, because this is a subject I am familiar with. Basically it comes down to the fact that if you really believe in the power of the doctor or healer and change your mindset and lifestyle you will be healed. I would suggest reading Born a Healer by Chunyi Lin.
on 15 November 2013
Lissa Rankin opens up to her own medical problems and her inner calling to be part of a more natural healing community.
This book offers hope to those who would like to take control of their own healing process. The steps Lissa offers towards excellent health in mind and body aren't too difficult, but like any of the healing modalities available, you have to be prepared to do the work yourself. Lissa's compassionate book guides you along the way and offer insights of how science is finally catching up!