on 28 November 2017
Good book, good read, i suppose trying to change habits requires repetition, must admit i found this book nearly repetitive, but a good read all the same and informative. Made me think
on 7 December 2017
Bridges the gap between science and spirituality. It has really made me more conscious of my self limiting thoughts, how to stop feeling sorry for myself. I am now making a conscious effort to recognise when I am slipping into auto-pilot mode through out the day. I have started meditating though I have found the process described in the book as slightly complicated but as it takes practice from knowing , to doing and finally being.
on 1 December 2017
Don’t just read this book make sure you do the techniques you’ll be blown away. Every household should have a copy of this book
on 7 April 2017
Literally did what I wanted to in helping me change habits I built up over time. A super read and will invest in more of Dr.J.Dispenzas material.
on 25 October 2017
Not finished it yet but like the other books from Joe Dispenza this really resonates with me. I have my own experience that this really works. It takes effort and dedication. Things don’t just happen without our own input but the power of our brains is phenomenal. You can make a new you, you just have to think differently.
on 18 September 2015
Great book if you are genuinely on a journey of self discovery! A bit repetitive at times but maybe that's intentional to help you understand the principles. Some amazing insightful science to prove how beneficial meditation is.
on 26 July 2017
Simple this book for me was life changing
The closest thing to my marriage and kids being born. This has transformed my life and the way I look at life now. I will meditate till the day I die. Thank you Dr Joe Dispenza see you in Dublin.
on 21 August 2017
This is a groundbreaking book and I would recommend it to anyone who really wants to make positives changes in their lives.
on 22 February 2017
I bought this book with absolute high hopes.

* I watched all of Dispenza's YouTube interviews that I could possibly find.
* I read the ENTIRE book, like he recommends, even making notes along the way.
* I bought the meditations, which are unfortunately not apart of the e-book version.
* I did the meditations.

RESULTS?

Not very good.

In all honesty, most of what you read is incredibly repetitive. He repeats himself over and over again. It's basically a regurgitation of everything he talks about in his interviews and lectures, just with a few tiny details added that you don't even need to know.

In essence, Dispenza's book carries the exact same message that all New Age material tries to sell you: be in the present, meditate and demonstrate gratitude for a future to come. That's it. That's the book. Which is okay, but...

A lot of emotional healing, which you may need in order to "break the habit of being yourself," is completely relied upon meditation and calling upon the universe, gods, or whatever higher power you may believe to be your god. This isn't the science of reprogramming your mind.

Anyway, I did these meditations, calling upon the "universe" to "take" away my memorized emotions (this is one of the first steps) and nothing happened. This is the big problem I have with Dispenza's whole concept of healing the emotions, or, as he calls them, memorized emotions. He explains the science as to how they are formed, but his method of healing is through communication with the universe - it's relying upon the universe to take your fear, hurt, anger etc from you and to replace it with something else. It actually made my emotions worse and I had to stop. If I wanted a book where I wanted supernatural help, I wouldn't have picked this one.

I also find it strange that he has tons of people on YouTube who have had amazing healings and experiences, but I have yet to find someone in the positive reviews section on Amazon UK to even mention how it really has changed their lives, I mean really. Go look yourself. All the reviews will say "great book," "interesting read" or the cliché term "life changer." No one really gives any true specifics, some people admit they are only half way through the book and others clearly have not put anything into practice. I think the only honest reviews on here are the one's with 1-3 stars.

I was so disappointed. It promises so much, telling you how you created your internal problems, only to offer an ineffective method as to how to remove them.

To me, the book ultimately seems to be a lure into going to his workshops, where he "promises" you'll experience some kind of change. And even then when that particular workshop didn't entirely meet your needs, "why not try another workshop?" You see where I'm coming from?
33 Comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 August 2017
I love his work, and it makes a lot of sense to me. I saw him talk last year, and that was great to consolidate the learning further.