Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 April 2013
I am not a fan of 'how to books', but as a consulting Medium I cannot recommend this book enough. I have encouraged all my own developement circles to buy at least a copy between them. Gordan is old school and shows it. This is not about a quick fix or instant fame but about the truth of Mediumship, the nature of time and hard work it takes to develope the connection with Spirit.
The exercises are well laid out and his examples using real people in real groups helps to guide the reader through times of frustration that we all encounter. (Many of his lectures are out of the UK, but this book offers most of what they contain at a fraction of the price.)
If you only every buy one book out developing Mediumship and healing buy this.
66 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 April 2017
Gordon Smith books are always accessible, easy to read and down to earth on a topic one might expect to be discussed in terms as esoteric as the subject. A very good starting point for anyone wanting to investigate the world of the medium from an observational or participatory point of view. They are also a valuable read to mediums, psychics and healers setting out on the spiritual path and to those same groups to touch base again with the basics further down the line.

If I’m completely honest, this book was not quite what I expected. Where I took it on face value to be a development course, it in fact documents the development of a course. That might sound odd, yes, but by charting how Gordon and his student, Steven, put together and delivered a development course to 40 students, he makes it clear that we can, by all means, follow the exercises but, without a development circle to sit with, we’d get a fraction of the results.

Patience, trust and perseverance are the fundamental points that come across and this is true; without those results can be neither guaranteed nor predicted. Smith sets a good standard for students and at the same time lets those with just a passing curiosity gain an insight into the makings and workings of a medium, psychic or healer. With meaningful quotes from his own spirit guide, Master Chi, at the start of every chapter, we are given little snippets of the wisdom of spirit throughout, as well as the wisdom of many years’ experience working with spirit.

When I first started reading this book, I wasn’t in a position to benefit and only read the first third. With a couple more years’ experience behind me, I picked it up again and read it cover to cover with a better understanding in a better frame of mind and found it a far more enlightening read. Perhaps it is more relevant to those already in or beginning a development circle, perhaps it will inspire others to find one. All will become clear with time…
on 9 April 2017
Intuitive Studies: A Complete Course in Mediumship is the book to have! There are meditations within every chapter that gradually build up to help you develop mediumship skills.
on 19 June 2012
As a developing medium I have read a LOT of books! This is the most amazing book yet to join my collection what a refreshing and wonderful teacher Gordon is. I sit in a circle myself and Gordon has provided many lessons and exercises to take back to my own circle. He talks us through the training he gave Stephen, now a developed and working medium and this is insightful and helpful to your own development. He also details workshops that he has given and the exercises he gave to them and how we at home can do the same. A joy to read and the start of a new Gordon Smith collection. A MUST buy for all mediums not so useful to Psychics.
33 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 February 2013
I read this with a view to picking up some pointers on how to explore mediumship a little more myself. Instead I felt like I was reading an autobiography charting Gordon's work in developing Steven and others. There were some suggested exercises and things to do but it involved working in circles. It was good but I was looking for something else really.
on 3 January 2016
I read this and was able to take a few tips away with me. This book is not, however the wonderful manual that a medium such as myself will benefit much of, but It was interesting although his and Stephens journey, but with a misleading title.
on 10 February 2013
I read a portion of this book each night before I retired, it is an amazing book, Gordon Smith is a terrific Author, simply explains each step as you go and mesmerising you with the stories of his experience and feelings, I would recommend this book to anyone, I have just started his book on does animals have souls, the first part had me in stitches, the way he describes a dog that he was told to adopt
on 1 August 2012
I have just began my journey with mediumship. I can say I have read lots and lots of books and this one is excellent!! I have taken many tips (especially the checklist that Gordon uses) for spirit communication and it has helped my development enormously. Its a must to buy!!
on 12 August 2014
More of a documentation about Gordon's journey with Stephen (his new student) than giving advise for developing a person's own skills.

It was still an interesting read, but not quite what I was hoping for. I feel the title should be more representative of the content and therefore is a little misleading.
on 15 January 2013
well liked and a good insight into mediumship
will be looking for more of this type
help for the beginner