on 27 April 2017
Gordon Smith books are always accessible, easy to read and down to earth on a topic one might expect to be discussed in terms as esoteric as the subject. A very good starting point for anyone wanting to investigate the world of the medium from an observational or participatory point of view. They are also a valuable read to mediums, psychics and healers setting out on the spiritual path and to those same groups to touch base again with the basics further down the line.

If I’m completely honest, this book was not quite what I expected. Where I took it on face value to be a development course, it in fact documents the development of a course. That might sound odd, yes, but by charting how Gordon and his student, Steven, put together and delivered a development course to 40 students, he makes it clear that we can, by all means, follow the exercises but, without a development circle to sit with, we’d get a fraction of the results.

Patience, trust and perseverance are the fundamental points that come across and this is true; without those results can be neither guaranteed nor predicted. Smith sets a good standard for students and at the same time lets those with just a passing curiosity gain an insight into the makings and workings of a medium, psychic or healer. With meaningful quotes from his own spirit guide, Master Chi, at the start of every chapter, we are given little snippets of the wisdom of spirit throughout, as well as the wisdom of many years’ experience working with spirit.

When I first started reading this book, I wasn’t in a position to benefit and only read the first third. With a couple more years’ experience behind me, I picked it up again and read it cover to cover with a better understanding in a better frame of mind and found it a far more enlightening read. Perhaps it is more relevant to those already in or beginning a development circle, perhaps it will inspire others to find one. All will become clear with time…
on 21 April 2013
I am not a fan of 'how to books', but as a consulting Medium I cannot recommend this book enough. I have encouraged all my own developement circles to buy at least a copy between them. Gordan is old school and shows it. This is not about a quick fix or instant fame but about the truth of Mediumship, the nature of time and hard work it takes to develope the connection with Spirit.
The exercises are well laid out and his examples using real people in real groups helps to guide the reader through times of frustration that we all encounter. (Many of his lectures are out of the UK, but this book offers most of what they contain at a fraction of the price.)
If you only every buy one book out developing Mediumship and healing buy this.
77 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 April 2017
Intuitive Studies: A Complete Course in Mediumship is the book to have! There are meditations within every chapter that gradually build up to help you develop mediumship skills.
on 28 August 2015
The book does not really explain teachings set out from teacher to student as such, so I would not call it a course. It does not have anything in it that I have not seen in other books that Gordon has written really that shows more how this medium works with his own friends, so to me its really an autobiography of Gordon Smith than a teaching book that I could learn from. Very disappointed as it seemed a hyped up book.
on 17 March 2013
A generous and insightful book - I love the format, and the inspiration I am getting from reading the combination of Gordon's narrative and information, with the notes of the student whose journey is documented throughout (a journey that illustrates the exercises and learning points very well). The recommended 'exercises' are clear and well explained. I have read Gordon's books before - and I enjoyed them well enough. But this one comes from a very different place, and it has inspired me in a way that no other book on this area has. Definitely recommend this one.
on 10 February 2013
I read a portion of this book each night before I retired, it is an amazing book, Gordon Smith is a terrific Author, simply explains each step as you go and mesmerising you with the stories of his experience and feelings, I would recommend this book to anyone, I have just started his book on does animals have souls, the first part had me in stitches, the way he describes a dog that he was told to adopt
on 2 April 2016
I cannot reccomend this book highly enough, especially if you are just starting out on your spiritual journey like myself. It includes exercises and Q&A sessions from his classes which blew my mind. His really has been my core book in learning about mediumship. He is frank and funny and it is really easy to read.
on 29 May 2017
excellent so far, i read i follow and read again its just excellent what more can I say
on 12 August 2014
More of a documentation about Gordon's journey with Stephen (his new student) than giving advise for developing a person's own skills.

It was still an interesting read, but not quite what I was hoping for. I feel the title should be more representative of the content and therefore is a little misleading.
on 16 April 2018
A fantastic book . I have learned a lot from this book .highly recommend.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse