Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 January 2013
This is a brilliant resource. I have a 15 month old and the next baby due in 8 weeks. As my husband works abroad, we have been living far away from families, pretty isolated and i was dreading the thought of coping with 2 babies on my own. Also, I felt I'd forgotten everything already about how much to feed and when, how many naps etc.
I like how the book is divided into sections for mum, baby, toddler, older child and housework so I can find the relevant bits quickly. Also the general charts as the end which give ideas on how much they eat and sleep at each age. Best of all, it assumes that you won't have any help! Great for worst case scenarios, although practical advice is offered for when it is possible to hand over some of the hard work to others.

It's chock full of simple, invaluable suggestions, such as getting the baby ready first, then the toddler when you're going out, as a baby won't mind waiting.. I'd not even considered things like the order to do stuff so I think in a couple of months I'll be much better prepared for anything after having read this book.
on 17 August 2012
I love this book. It is full of useful tips and advice. For example it tells you how to cut down on house-work, and cope with your first day with both kids. The section on pregnancy the second time rang so true for me. The chapter on sibling rivalry should be compulsory reading for anyone with more than one child. My husband has read this book too, and says it totally changed his approach to looking after our two kids. I like all Simone Caves books, and this one is the best!
on 3 May 2013
I first read this book from library, and i only wish i read it when my second baby arrived, not 3/4 of the year after. However, loads of tips on how to manage your time when you have 2 or more kids. Best read for me so far.
on 28 December 2012
This book was full of practical tips for adjusting to life with two kids. I really enjoyed it. It is also written in a format that's easy to dip into and out of. I suggest buying it whilst you are still pregnant as it has a few chapters on preparing your toddler/other child for a new sibling and getting through the first day and also week with two kids. I highly recommend it to anyone who is about to expand their family and would like a bit of advice and useful suggestions.
on 19 January 2016
Good book but targeted for around a 3 year old and a newborn which I didn't realise when bought so be aware as I was looking for something woth a 1 year old and newborn. My fault for not checking properly though and defo a good book
on 30 September 2012
I devoured this book. A must-read for any mother from the moment she discovers she is pregnant with her second, regardless of the age gap. I found it to be full of sensible tips and down-to-earth advice, and utterly in keeping with my experiences of second-time motherhood.
on 5 February 2015
I was recommended this book by a friend when pregnant with my second. It was an interesting read and had some very useful tips and very practical outlook. I think it is written by a couple of mums so the advice is purely their opinion and from their experience, which is valuable, but the same as chatting to someone, rather than a psychological or another expert view.
on 8 December 2015
So far so good. I'm only in the beginning of my second pregnancy and just started reading this book but I reckon things will be different this time around. I trust this writer. Good work. Good advice.
on 21 August 2012
Coping with Two is an honest and open book that tells you the exactly what you need to know in the order you need to know it. For example, the most appropriate time to tell your first child that there's another baby on the way to coping strategies to occupy your toddler whilst breastfeeding.

Helpfully, the book touches on subjects you wouldn't even think of, like bullying, favouritism, comparisons, labels, jealousy, telling tales and so many other traits you can expect. It details how perfectly normal these thoughts and feelings are and lays out the coping mechanisms for each in a way that's so easy to understand.

The books' timesaving tips (leaving shoes in the hall) and mental preparations are detailed and comprehensive. In fact I've highlighted many excerpts as I fully intend to keep dipping in and out again when I need. It's succinctly ordered for ease, and the sub headings break it up so it doesn't feel like a heavy read. This book is an absolute must for mums expecting their second child and would like some really helpful advice to maker the process smoother for the family.
on 12 November 2012
This book is a must for any parents who are considering having a second child. It covers a wide range of topics whilst still being short and readable enough to hold the attention of a busy dad such as myself! It ranges from practical advice (for both mums and dads) on everything from breasfeeding to winding, to more complex topics such as sibling rivalries and jealousy.

It will definitely remain something of a future reference for a couple of years or more.