Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason
Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 January 2010
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, but Caroline Myss has shown yet again that no matter how far we feel we have come in terms of personal and spiritual development, there is always a fresh way to look at life issues. In this amazing book, she shares numerous life changing insights while exploring our human obsession with reason and logic, and how that can block our natural healing potential. With amazing clarity she shows how divine 'grace' is the healing power we truly seek, and she demystifies the process of accepting our dark side, which is a key factor in self acceptance and healing. I would recommend this book to anyone who may feel disillusioned with life, who may have followed numerous methods of healing with little success. This is a book, to open your eyes, get you back to basics and renew your connection to the Divine presence that is within all of us.
on 27 July 2017
Good book at a good price and came on time.
VINE VOICEon 8 June 2010
I have long loved Caroline Myss' work. She is a real scholar and a wise mind with great spiritual developement.
Actually it is hard to find words for the brilliance of her work, for brilliant and deep it is. There are shinning interpretations of truths that ring out from the pages. Like the following which is not an exact quote;when we heal something in ourselves, we heal something for the world.
It is a delight and can be read a hundred times to peal back the layers.
I love listen to her CDs and tapes, too.
on 14 February 2010
This book pulls diverse religious and spiritual paths together. It sets out a course of action for spiritual developement but it pulls no punches. A life changing read.
on 20 March 2010
Caroline Myss builds on everything she has written to date, with new clarity and gentle challenge to the reader. Defying Gravity takes you through the concepts of Grace and Truth in a thought provoking way. This is a multi-dimensional read which will have a different impact each time you pick it up. The practical exercises are a helpful tool to challenge your own concept of where you are on your spiritual path. The invocations for Grace are something you want to write down and keep close to you, for those moments of need during daily life. This is a work of great cosmic good sense.
on 6 February 2015
This book is makes us look even deeper than Caroline's other two, which I read & reviewed, Anatomy of the spirit and Invisible acts of power, both of which I was over - brimming with passion about!
I found this one much harder to read, due to the depth and the fact she is helping us face the very things that we shy away from about ourselves, the dark places (e.g. the difficulty in forgiving someone) as these places are where healing lies.. it is not an easy road!
She teaches us about the past wounds we hold onto, without realising we are and why it is so difficult to let them go.. then with Carolines' loving help and clear advice we can start release them. Taking us beyond the things that have held us, so we can transcend.
Healing ourselves can be a long, multi layered process, this book gives us the key to peace and healing of the spirit, if the other books laid the foundations.
Caroline now heals us at an even higher divine level, this lady knows no limits!!
I am in a very happy place thanks to you, Caroline, cannot thank you enough
on 20 March 2010
This book is is totally fulfilling . It is stuffed with thought provoking and rich text to take your journey of life up at least a peg or two. It helps if you are already open to greater posibilities than you are already aware of and it may take you a couple of readings to grasp the depth of all that is there, it would certainly help anyone who is on the healing journey, I guess that covers all of humanity.
on 8 June 2012
This is the first no nonsense book about healing and getting on with your life that really makes a difference. Caroline busts the New Age myths about healing and explains why current healing methods don't fully heal us. She draws on all her years of experience to bring together a detailed book of what is needed to truly heal and move on with your life. If you follow her lead this book is truly life changing.
on 6 March 2011
Although I have read all of Caroline Myss' previous books,I have never felt drawn to her acerbic,somewhat dismissive,style.However,when I saw what this new work was about,I decided to buy the book.I am so glad that I did.This is a definite progression from her earlier ideas about illness and healing and I truly admire the way she digs deeper for the elusive truth.As she points out,our Western approach to "healing" is to look for a a cause,then look for someone or something to blame,followed by upping our physical regime with vitamins,a health team and a determination to "beat this thing".Many of us even have an unconscious vested interest to holding on to our illness because of the attention it gives us.Drawing upon Thomas Aquinas " Dark Night of the Soul",Caroline brings the ideas into a 21st century framework and then adds her unique experiences of working with thousands of ill people.Her central thesis is that we cannot experience a healing until we allow ourselves to connect with Grace.There is a fine line between our physical selves and our mystical selves and it is at that line that permanent healing can occur.It can't happen through the mind or the Will or through more medication.The first step is to stop looking for causes and to live in the current reality,pain and all.Focus on what we as a unique human being ,yet part of an indivisible whole ,came here to offer.Move from thinking about the offering to making it real for the world.
Although the framework quotes Thomas Aquinus,it is not focused on any specific religion.
I wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone who is stuck in the limbo or purgatory of an illness.
on 26 April 2011
excellent service, a spell binding read, I feel i will be picking this one up many times to come in the future, many thanks .