on 18 August 2014
I bought this book as I have struggled with my weight for at least 12 years and I know that I overeat and a lot of my weight is "emotional." The only down side with this book is the overuse of god. I am a spiritually open person but I do not resonate with the term "god" I do think that the book can be used by others who aren't spiritual as they can see god as their higher self. God can be replaced with whatever a person is comfortable with and to be fair the author does state this. I was recommended this book and I have to admit I am glad that I have purchased it. It teaches valuable and important lessons in self love and self worth and also teaches us to recognise why we have hurt ourselves and how we can forgive ourselves and forgive those who we perceive have "wronged" us in some way. I am halfway through the lessons and I have found that I have not been overeating (nor have I been starving!) this book is great in making us make the right choices of food and still allows for a little indulgence!

Some of the lessons are harder than others but they work.

Great read, just keep an open mind, keep going with it and be prepared to be truly honest with yourself!
on 24 April 2018
I have been reading this for a while now. I read one paragraph or a page and then have to think about it. Very profound statements. I had a bit aha moment yesterday. I think the book is excellent. I am not sure if its about physical weight loss, but more about seeing it from a spiritual standpoint, and that we feed ourselves to fill gaps in our lives. So I will keep reading little and often and see how it goes.
on 13 July 2014
I bought the book when it was first published however when I read my mind wanders off on paticular thoughts so I didn't get much beyond the first lesson. I prefer to listen to CDs and bought this set recently I chose to listen to a lesson per day so I heard it in its entirety before doing any of the work. It is a treat to listen to Marianne Williamson: at times she is motivational or humerous and at other times she is filled with compassion and has me in tears. I struggle with my weight and I fall into the group that is horrified at the thought of passing over responsibility and I do know this plan isn't working out for me. I feel that in these 21 lessons there is the most insight that I have come across about why one puts on weight and then consequently why we find it so difficult to keep it off. I am at the beginning of the journey of relinquishing control and so don't know the ending yet. For now I am so grateful that Marianne Williamson manifested these 21 lessons and that my drive to work in the morning takes at least 30 minutes - enough time to listen to a lesson!
on 13 January 2016
This book has change my life. I listen to this book practically everyday. Now I have started to see miracles happen. Thank you Marianne Williamson for your prays and encouraging words.

Should anyone need some direction in your life I recommend this book. I have now brought this book in Audio & Kindle fantastic.
on 7 February 2015
Ustinov as a Course in Miracles helps you understand how LOVE can change your life, this book shows how LOVE can help you understand how we use food to fill the emptiness inside.

But more importantly, how to allow LOVE to heal those empty spaces and make wise choices.
on 12 April 2013
A Course in Weight Loss: 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight Forever!
Marianne Williamson delivers this course with love and a clearly understandable message that is like no other I've heard. It is an action plan for those who don't just want to lose weight but to understand that we are not just our bodies and that we may chose to nourish our soul instead.
This is a wonderful aid for those ready to make the change. I love it!
on 18 March 2016
I seriously love this book. It has changed my way of looking at praying and god (I'm an deist/atheist). I just feel so great now after applying the principles of it and the money started flowing too!
on 3 January 2018
This is one of those books which you find yourself reading so slowly because you’re writing down so many quotes. Wise, beautiful, inspiring, comforting - I suspect this is a book I shall return to very frequently.
on 3 November 2015
Wonderful guidance, both spiritually and practically on how to address the deeper issues that cause self abusive and sabotaging behaviour such as overeating. Feeling renewed and tooled up to move forward with a new relationship with food and myself. Thank you Marianne!
on 1 May 2017
Very inspirational book, bringing a lot of hope to ours everyday problems.