on 4 April 2012
I took this map with me on a rail trip from London to Venice and back. It added greatly to our enjoyment knowing more of where we were and where other lines went to. I'd unhesitatingly recommend it for this kind of journey. I would have liked a few extra details of main roads (like the main motorways in France) as these were often the most identifiable features we could see. David
on 20 May 2011
Although this map has the advantage of showing Europe on one page it's my view thatyou are better advised to buy the European Rail Guide book. This not only shows many of the same maps in more detail but also provides background information on all aspects of rail travel country by country.
on 1 May 2013
Indispensable for people embarking on exploration of European railways. The latest edition includes some independent narrow-gauge lines. There is a large overall map on one side and then selected areas on the reverse showing more detail. The smaller local lines are present in the selected areas but not on the overall map, so don't forget the map has two sides!
on 21 April 2012
I bought this map to see the places near to were i will be staying in Switzerland, because of the map I have changed my route to see some of the spectacular mountain railways which will make my holiday a lot more interesting.
on 23 January 2015
I haven't really looked at this as bought it as a present for son who is railway enthusiast. My intention was it would accompany the Great Railway Journeys of Europe Insight Guide that I'd also bought for son.
on 28 August 2011
The map is nice for a Europe's railways overview. But on the general map, a lot of small railway-lines are missing, and the is a pity since they can be displayed very easily as well. For GB this is not the case, this is well done, but for especially the Netherlands and Belgium there are a lot important lines not depicted for no reason. There is a special side-map with a detailed map of central Europe; this map is especially good.
For the rest it is a nice and clear looking map.
on 21 October 2013
It gave me a good idea of the network across Europe and the types of line. Although it also showed the lines which were under construction (to a faster one), obviously no dates could be given.
on 3 September 2013
Has all the info we needed for our ''road' (train) trip. Thought it might have been in book form as I can never re-fold maps in original state!.
on 31 May 2013
I was expecting a map over ALL railway lines, not only the main ones. I think that this should have been stated in the description.
on 15 May 2013
never knew there were so many choices for rail travel in Europe until I purchased this really like the scenic routes highlighted