on 19 July 2017
As a lightweight holiday read, this was fun. I chuckled my way through it. There were, I reckon, a couple of nuggets in here of wisdom and sage advice but I would have thought there are other books that would be more effective for the seeker after wisdom. But if you are after a gossipy, campy piece of froth, you could do much worse than this
on 6 November 2017
This book offered me so much information that I hadn’t considered. It answered my questions and educated me in so many gaps within my knowledge. For a book that doesn’t cost much, yet offer abundance of insight. This is one of the best investments I’ve made.
on 21 February 2018
Enjoying the fun of it all!!! It has a lot of truths too about training, theatre and the industry but overall a rite laugh!!
on 1 March 2015
It's a must buy book if you are interested in any aspect of theatre, and acting in general.

Before you rush to add it to your basket take this into account, West End Producer is the most sarcastic and truthful man in all of show business. This book is about 40% genuinely helpful information, 60% comical stories and jokes about theatre practitioners, circle sitting (I mean Drama School, dear), and the real ins-and outs of auditioning and rehearsing.

Easy to read, and likewise a pleasure to read for people of all ages.
on 1 April 2018
Bought as a present. My daughter loved it.
on 5 July 2015
the book is good in a way, the patronising tone is a bit off putting though. as well as the consistent use of the word 'dear' and the vast amount of anecdotes. apart from these things, the book is intriguing and informational.
on 9 January 2016
Bought 2 more as presents as loved the book, just the thing for my stages friends
on 22 January 2014
Gently mocking, highly amusing and written from experience. It's all good insight and it's easy to spot the genuine facts and advice among the humour. Thoroughly recommended and not just to actors and "creatives" but anyone who ever watched a show and wondered what went on behind the scenes. In fact that's anyone really.
on 5 April 2016
Wonderfully caustic and hilariously funny. A delightful insight into the world of the theatre. I can't wait until the next instalment dear.
on 18 April 2014
Really looking forward to reading this book. Think i will take it on holiday for some light reading. Flicking through it it looks like a tongue in cheek book.