Customer reviews

on 16 January 2013
Bought this for my daughter and she has read it, highlighted and absorbed lots of useful stuff from this book...it is encourageing her to follow her heart and enter the tough world of musicals but at least this book doesn't sugarcoat how hard it will be!
on 19 March 2013
I am a singing teacher and most of my pupils do....... I am recommending this to all of them. It takes them from first getting the bug, to how to improve your skills, applying for colleges, learning while you're there and finally going for auditions and being a professional. It gives sensible down to earth advice but also tells it how it is - you don't get anywhere without hard work and it's a tough life, but worth it.
on 24 July 2017
I bought this because I LOVE Ruthie Henshall and I am looking to study musical theatre for further education and to persue as a career and this book was great! So many good tips for all sorts of musical theatre things like schools and auditions and it has so many pieces of advice that I look at all the time as they are so useful! Would definitely recommend this to anyone with an interest or passion for musical theatre
on 5 October 2013
I heard about this book after going to see Ruthie Henshall at a live talk about her career and the book and I was completely inspired by her talk. The second I came out, I ordered the book off Amazon and read it cover to cover the second it arrived. There are so little books out there about what it's really like in the industry. This book shouldn't be snubbed by those who don't want to be in musicals as the principals of the industry are the same for Actors, Dancers, Musicians and Musical Theatre pros.
on 10 March 2017
Very interesting book very well written
on 20 November 2012
This book was bought for me as I'm looking to start a career in musical theatre. It's such an easy read, packed full of information and helpful tips on how to achieve your dreams in a very honest but positive way. It goes through each step with you and has a large 'contacts' section to get you started. I'm so grateful for the book, i enjoyed it so much that I'm reading it again. If you buy it for yourself or for someone else, you won't be disappointed! Thank you Ruthie x
on 31 January 2013
This book is excellent for musical theatre students or anyone interested in following their dream onto the stage! Written in a very readable style by someone who has been there, done it and got the awards!
on 27 January 2013
A thoroughly informative but at the same time interesting read for any young person thinking of entering the profession. Lots of good tips too
on 28 January 2013
purchased for my daughter, looks a very informative and useful book for anyone studying musical theatre or would like information.
on 5 June 2014
Got this as a gift as I want to eventually have a career in musical theatre and it's incredible! So honest and real with so much useful advice. Love it.