Customer reviews

on 3 August 2012
Make the most of your time in Scotland with its ruined castles, mist shrouded lochs, rugged coastline and far flung communities, you can't help but be inspired by the scottish highlands and islands. The land of Rob Roy and Bonnie Prince Charlie comes with a heady scent of history and legend while its raw scenery provides an irresistable lure to hikers, climbers and wildlife fans.
This book is very detailed and informative. It provides telephone numbers for various attractions, prices and opening hours. Everything you need to know to plan your holiday in the Scottish highlands is in this book. Would highly recommend.
on 8 July 2013
Had to check campsites and travel in other books or online as this book seems to skim over very briefly what I needed. Massively disappointed. Possibly ok if you have never been there before.
on 14 September 2013
This is a first class book I have lived in Scotland for 72 years, and I thought I knew all there was to know, but this book shows I don't know as much as I thought Great buy John A
on 24 June 2013
Very helpful and informative. I've used it to plan my two week trip to Scotland and will be staying at most of the recommended campsites.
on 20 May 2013
Did not quit give the detailed information I would have liked,
Some of the recommendations were not reliable, also not up to date.
on 6 June 2014
As with all other Rough guides that I have bought over the years, this is quality information. Not a pretty picture book, but one you can read before you go and then refer to each day to make your trip more enjoyable because you have local knowledge and some history about your surroundings.
on 31 March 2014
A truly fantastic guide, covers a huge area of Scotland, providing in depth detailed information. Invaluable information contained throughout and contains surprises even for someone who has been visiting this area for over 20years.
on 18 August 2013
it was very good and informative but we could have done with a road map, we had to buy one but it was helpful and we only got lost once!!!
on 15 February 2012
If we finally get to go to Scotland, I'm sure we'll be glad of this. I considered the smaller, pocket version and also I think a more specific one for the Highlands. But this seems the most useful overall.
on 1 October 2014
Very useful reference book for my Hebridean biking and camping trips