Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Learn more Fitbit

on 26 April 2013
Got this for a trip to Turkey in which we planned to travel from Western Turkey to the East for a relatives wedding. The book is set in chapters according to area and is really in depth with regards to history, places to go, eat, stay etc. Most importantly there is a good section on staying safe which for two female travellers I felt it was quite important. In the end we didn't go to Eastern Turkey (nothing to do with the book) but used the book to spend some time travelling around the West - found some real gems so would deffo recommend this book for anyone planning a visit.
on 10 November 2011
I enjoyed the tone, detail and honesty of the Rough Guide to Turkey. Okay, it doesn't always wax lyrical about the grandeur of the landscape, but there are enough glossy guide books out there. The information on Turkish history and other background info is well-written and adds dimension. It's impossible to keep all information up-to-date so I don't quite agree with some of the negative reviews on here. I live in Turkey so know how quickly things change here. If you want a stimulating and honest assessment of a fascinating country, I'd say this is one of the best of its type.
on 14 May 2013
Found the guide very informative, we think this will be a great help when we visist Turkey in the near future
on 8 February 2013
We love the Rough Guide series. As well as clearly written information about each place, there are inset paragraphs about quirky little details, to which we we would otherwise not have had access. We read these books instead of taking other light reading and continue to look up information after we have returned from holiday. Well worth buying.
on 11 July 2011
Just returned from a holiday in Turkey, The Guide was invaluable! Not only does it save you time and money but also gives an excellent insight into local history and customs which makes for a much better relationship with the local people you meet on your travels.The Guide gives everything needed to know prior to experiencing the real thing.
on 19 October 2011
well I read the reviews of others before I made my purchase.

I can agree that this product is worth the value and compare to other product's price range

it's worth to try cause its the best product that you can get from that price.

value for money!
on 25 August 2014
We took this guide for a 10 days holiday in Marmaris. I guess for a generic guide is okay but we struggled to find useful information for the places that we were planning to visit in that area. Even restaurants and best beaches to visit weren't very clear.
on 26 January 2013
This book is great for hotel recommendations and sightseeing. Detailed historical info adds to the experience.

However, it has one major flaw; the maps are insufficient. Take a road map/GPS if you intend to drive anywhere.
on 22 February 2014
Good condition -although not good enough for gift but good saving on specialist book. As a country guide that's going tt flicked through 2nd hand is more than sufficient.
on 8 February 2014
the quality wasn't quite what I was expecting. however it will serve its purpose perfectly enough. fortunately it included the area I needed