Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 19 August 2013
This is a much better book than one or two others currently around which cover the early designs and ideas of aircraft which did, in the main, see production and service.

I have to confess that when I originally purchased this book, I overlooked the 'prototype' significance as I was searching for those aircraft which didn't make it to flight!!

However, it's a beguiling book in its own right and I find myself becoming involved in the stories behind the many aicraft which Hitler did authorise and which did create havoc for us and a great many other nations. Fortunately, our own rather different approach to weaponry, managed to survive and finally defeat the progressive ideas of the aircraft (and rocket) designers so quickly 'stolen' by the Americans and the Russians as the war ended.

There are too many aircraft in this book to suggest any one has been more detailed than the others. The author has done an excellent job in cataloguing just about every variation of each aircraft type and this should rank as a very worthwhile record for aviation enthusiasts specialising in WWII - of which there are many.

I would have thought that its cover price is not bad value at all but at amazon's offer price, it's a must, surely, for we anoraks!
on 11 April 2014
It's a very (very) detailed book, many b/w pictures. But are you looking for fancy colour-what-if illustrations this is not the place. It's more lika catalog of prototypes with "Jane's All the worlds airplane" like info and pictures.