on 28 August 2017
One of the most spell-binding books I have ever read. For one who had an aversion to biological sciences due to their vagaries and imprecision growing up, this book has opened my eyes to a world of immense intrigue and complexity.

The book is written in such a way that it dives deep into details without assuming any background and takes the casual reader deep into the cell. It's opened my eyes to a branch of research and discovery I knew little about and I can't wait to see whar discoveries are made next.
on 7 May 2017
This is not an easy book to read.The central reason for this is that the subject itself is not an easy subject to fully understand. Nessa Carey knows her stuff and the stuff she knows is complex. If you're looking for 'Epigenetics For Dummies' wait until someone does it - with lots of pictures. If you want to understand a lot more in depth about epigenetics than you now do, read this book. Slowly.
on 26 August 2017
Needed a general overview book to keep track of progress in this field. Good and logical coverage of the important points with sufficient cross-reference back up to look at more detail if wanted. This book has what I wanted.
on 9 October 2017
Absolutely brilliant book. Really enjoyed reading it and inspired me to buy her other book Junk DNA. If you're interested in genetics or molecular biology at all, this is a great casual read into the part of the field that is often not 'advertised' ie. epigenetics.
on 9 May 2017
I was recommended this book from my professor and I am throughly enjoying it. Although I study biology/biochemistry I think that anyone with a willingness to understand this fascinating area of science would be able to understand it. Carey has written it so well and its a joy to read.
on 12 March 2014
I am really enjoying this book. I like the author's way of using easy metaphors to explain or describe very complex processes.
My interest in in behavioural epigenetics, and this book is possibly a little technical for my needs, but it is worth spending the time to understand the pronciples.
on 23 September 2017
A nice read for anyone who wonders about the intricate details of genetic development and disorder along side an inviting look into the way our body works on a cellular level .
on 24 September 2017
Interesting topic. Prose a little mundane.
on 27 September 2017
Very interesting, a bit laborious though
on 23 March 2016
Well written and interesting. Complex in parts but I found it so brilliantly interesting that I am going to read it again now.