Customer reviews

on 12 June 2017
Lot I didn't know here and a great introduction to an intriguing subject and something we should all have an awareness of-especially we men!!!
on 27 March 2014
A very clear and readable introduction to the history and the different strands of feminist thinking. It reminded me of stuff I'd forgotten and how we got from there to here .
on 19 November 2014
Basic and more an introduction, all be it sketchy, to the early history of the movement. Honestly I think it would have been better without the graphics. They didn't add a thing that straight prose couldn't have been used for.
on 28 March 2016
Another informative read that gives a broad strokes approach to the subject. The pictures help cement the ideas and overall this book gives insight into which can be fraught with ideological pitfalls.
on 16 November 2016
Brilliant little book. I bought it for an easy to read and absorb introduction to the topic. Gave me a great basic overview and is a good starting point for further research. Also.... it's teenager friendly so I gave it to my daughter and her friends when I was done. They loved it. The format isn't dumbed down at all.... there's some very useful content in here but it's very user friendly. You don't need to be a militant feminist or a dry boring intellectual to read it and take something meaningful away.
on 5 July 2013
I bought this when i was teacher training and used it for sociology lessons i found that it was informative but didnt have loads of depth and I had to suppliment with other books however, it was good to use as a introductory thing to give to the students to start them thinking.
on 12 February 2017
This is a very good primer in the history of Feminism. Helpful in showing how far we have come and how much further we yet to go.
on 7 November 2015
Great easy to read guide with lots of fun illustrations.
on 9 January 2012
Bought as a secret santa present for a fellow male student who made uninformed comments (to put it nicely!) during a lecture! Great book, pictures too, basic level, but gives you the basics of what you need to know!
on 21 January 2015