Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 October 2008
Having met Bamb (James) and Sally whilst they have been researching the book, I can guarantee that it will be a gripping read with anecdotes and tales of wackiness from across the board.

Their quest to explore the wacky nation and taken thousands of miles and through periods of sheer exhaustion, showing clear dedication to the cause whilst maintaining a great sense of humour.

If you ever attend a wacky event, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the guys in the orange shirts, say hello, they're really nice people!
on 23 December 2008
I met Bam while performing at the U.K Airguitar finals in Brighton this year. I can tell you people, this guy is into his subject. I ordered the book and loved it. If you or anyone you know is up for somthing out of the ordinary this book will let you know what's on where.
Cheers Guys for a great book.
on 14 October 2008
This book certainly stood out on the shelf while I was looking for reading material for my plane flight. The book gives details about all the unusual competitions around the UK and is written in a fun way that makes it an enjoyable cover-to-cover read, as well as being a practical guide if you want to go out and have fun.
I particularly like the way that pictures for every event are shown throughout the book as well as colour pictures in the middle (all too often books will only show pictures in the middle only).
A good book to buy, and strongly recommended.
on 16 October 2008
I'd witnessed the Bognor Birdman rally and heard about the Cheese Rolling in Gloucestershire but never heard about Nettle eating, Clog clobbing or Pea throwing championships. This book's inspired me to get out there to see some of these peculiar British instituions in 2009. I like the writers' style - intimate and humourous but not trying too hard... solme nice pics too ; ) I suspect the writer was involnved in a few of these challenges??! Look forward to the European version...
on 7 November 2008
I bought this as a Christmas gift for an uncle. I couldn't put it down so I am ordering more!! An excellent read.
on 22 October 2008
Without doubt one of the best books on the market for anyone wanting to get out and live a little (and yes, sometimes dangerously.) Problem is deciding which world title to go for first?