Customer reviews

Kurt Jackson
Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 November 2012
This is a truly magical and wonderful book. I keep looking at the book and see more and more each time I examine the paintings. I can't understand why I had never heard of Kurt Jackson before I bought an Art Magazine recently with a review of his latest book (of which I have also bought a copy).His paintings have impressed me so much that I can't get them out of my mind.He is a very clever and talented artist and should be hailed as one of the "Greats".
13 people found this helpful
on 3 January 2014
Love Kurt Jackson's work and this book is a good value look at some of his landscapes. Some books about this painter are very expensive but this is good value. Lots of information about the person behind the brilliant paintings as well as good quality pictures of his landscape work.
7 people found this helpful
on 1 October 2015
I love this book. I'd never head of Kurt Jackson until it popped up in a 'other customers who bought that also bought...' bar on amazon and I instantly fell in love with the cover painting. I don't regret that impulse purchase as each illustration is a riot of colour and texture that also make up figurative images.
on 2 June 2013
A wonderful book, a great overview of Kurt's interests, projects and resultant bodies of work. Reviewed and presented beautifully by eleven different critics who have all chosen a different aspect of Kurts work to discuss. It's a deleight to see the diversity of Kurts work and how that reaches such a wide audience, stunning images. If you only bought one of Kurt's books, this should be the one.
8 people found this helpful
on 31 October 2013
This is the way I would love to paint watercolours. A real mixture of Kurt Jackson paintings and also summaries of his life by different people. Lots to read and lots of wonderful paintings.
on 12 August 2014
I'm new to the work of Kurt Jackson and although I've only skimmed through the book quickly I'm already captivated by the images. I can't wait to immerse myself in the text and find out about the philosophy and thought processes for his art. Stunning reproduction.
on 24 March 2013
I hadn't heard of Kurt Jackson I must admit. This was a recommendation from Amazon and I'm glad I took it up. An exploratory look at an intrepid modern painter. Nice plates, good, informative text.
on 21 April 2013
A wonderful book about a very inspired painter, full of fabulous quality illustrations and accounts of the artist and his work by people who know him. I found it refreshing because its not academic or tutoring which left me to simply enjoy feasting my eyes on the many pictures and enjoy accounts of him which included one or two tit-bits of his working process.... loved it!
2 people found this helpful
on 10 June 2016
This is a marvellous book so pleased I bought it.
on 19 October 2014
I have seen Kurt's work in a gallery and I find it enriching to view,the book has good illustrations and is inspiring.