Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 February 2012
am sure most of the blogging community has read The Hunger Games, and all have heard of it. And I'm sure most of you have heard of the movie it is becoming. Maybe, like me, you're counting down the days! But with the release date getting ever closer, may I ask you how much you know about the stars who are bringing the amazing characters to life? Despite my addiction, I didn't know much... Until I read this. With the brilliant pictures and tons of facts, I now boast much movie knowledge! And I'm EVEN MORE excited about the movie!!
Being a total Hunger Games addict, I was desperate to read this, even though I almost never read non-fiction! I wanted to know if `ordinary', real people could live up to the super, exceptional, amazing characters in my head. I just loved reading all the actor facts, the little round ups of each character, why the actor is super and full of "tribute talents" enough to be Katniss, Peeta, Gale, etc. And the layout was just gorgeous - flames and arrows for Katniss, berries and cammo for Peeta, arrows and lightening for Gale, the fields for Thresh, bright pink for Effie... all just were so right for each character. And, overall, it was all so pretty!!
All the actors, in my opinion, are perfect for their roles. We all know Jen looks gorgeous in her `proper Katniss gear'. Did you know she can also use guns and skin a squirrel (yuck, by the way), as well as knowing how to rock climb and do archery? Awesome! And the gorgeous Josh Hutcherson, who worked out to get the Peeta Build, is so romantic he falls "in love at the drop of a hat" as well as being brill at all things outdoorsy. Liam Hemsworth (who's Australian, did ya know?) is a strong supporter of "just causes" and has said "Peeta and Gale are actually best friends in real life". Now, when I first finished this review, this paragraph was about three times this length. As I actually don't want to give the whole book in my review, I should probably limit myself to just gushing about the three main actors. But before I stop, I'd just like to say that the only actor I'm not sure about is the one who will play Cinna, whose name is Lenny Kravitz. He just isn't how I pictured Cinna... Here's a picture of him: tell me what you think!
I loved all the facts, the gorgeous layout and picture. It was addictive, poring over all the facts, answering the "Quick Quiz" questions... And there was me thinking I wasn't a big celeb nut! Turns out Hunger Games + actors = actors I absorb loads of knowledge of. Strange... But cool. And I loved absorbing all of these! Even what Josh's cats are called (Jell-O and Paws, just so you know!).
If you love The Hunger Games, you simply have to read this one! These facts are ones you have to have before you go to see the movie!
on 16 January 2013
I was lucky to win a copy of this book through the competition on Read2Review's The Hunger Games Read-Along event. I have read books by Mel Williams before, Twilight related when the film came out in 2008.

The book is full of information on all of the major characters in The Hunger Games. Information can be found on their history, past film credits and also the characters they portray in the film.

The pictures are stunning. All sourced from Getty Images, a prime source of pictues of celebriaties on the internet. I have to say with all the pictures from this book and others I am definitely on team Gale.

I would recommend this book to any Hunger Games fan as it is a great keep sake from the film release.

I would give Inside Out: The Stars Of The Hunger Games 4/5.