Customer reviews

on 29 October 2012
Slight hiccup as book arrived damaged due to packing issues so contacted Amazon then posted book back, the replacement appeared at the speed of light!
Once I had a chance to really browse through this book I find it is a super thing packed full of tempting ideas to certain to turn the most modest cook into a kitchen tyro.
Or at least one willing to give it a jolly good go!
on 13 November 2013
I love the restaurant and this book gives their recipes,brillient.It would suit a pro or accomplished home cook best.The trend to local sourced simply cooked food is well represented here.When I say simple I don,t mean easy.Simple food is very easy to mess up and then you cannot hide it with some thick sauce.
Very good read
on 18 January 2013
Next to Hugh Fearnly Whittingstalls River Cottage Fish, this is up there as one of the most definitive guides to fish cookery, along with side dishes and deserts. Yes it is based on the restaurant menu, but most recipies and ingredients are well with the capabilities of most people.
I now want to visit the restaurant myself to try its goodies!
on 16 June 2014
Every dish that I have tried in this book has been fantastic. Although some of the recipes include a lot of ingredients (more than 30 for the delicious Monkfish and Prawn Curry) they are easy to follow and worth the effort. I particularly love the Smoked Haddock with Colcannon, Poached Egg and Wholegrain Mustard Sauce and it also has classics that I still need to do. A fantastic fish cookbook.
on 26 January 2013
I noticed a couple of recipes from this book in the Times and was so taken with the simplicity and content that I got the book; it really is excellant, well laid out, fantastic photography (it makes such a difference when you are doing a new recipe to be able to see the end result before starting) and its not just fish, it features interesting veg and beautiful sweets, and nothing is too complicated..just great.
on 30 January 2018
I am not normally given to writing reviews, but have to say that for this book I have cooked from four recipes and none has disappointed. Highly recommended.
on 22 February 2014
We had read many great reviews on this excellent book and were not disappointed. Beautifully compiled and illustrated, it makes you want to start cooking straight away!
on 18 June 2013
We regularly have the fish pie with english mustard from this and it's fantastic.
My wife has the recipe for a couple of pies, the one from this book is the best ever!
on 4 January 2018
Very informative with lots of useful tips.
on 27 April 2016
If you like fish this is the ultimate book the recipes make up well ...