Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 May 2017
I bought this book along with others by the Author as I really like historical fiction. This is by far one of the best historical fiction books to date I have read , so much so I couldnt hardly put it down until I had finished it. I have the second in the series and this was exactly the same, I just couldnt put it down as I wanted to know what was happening.
Highly recommend this book or any book by this Author. Up to now I have read most of his books and I cannot find fault with any of them, all real gripping fiction that keeps you wanting to keep reading. The suspense is page by page and just when you think, you have got to a point to put it dopwn for another time, something happens that makes you want to keep on reading
on 19 December 2013
After completing the forgotten legions a while ago i thought it
time to try another of ben kanes books, well impressed with
the aforementioned. Although the title of the novel is
Hannibal, he doesn't actually come into the story un,till about a third of the way through, and then the character Hanno is the main focus. The story is good although a little slow at times it does pick up at the last quarter, i did find Hannibal enemy of Rome an interesting read, just not quite in the same league as the forgotten legion trilogy! '
on 24 July 2017
A really good read with historical facts and personal interest interwoven.
on 18 April 2017
Very good book
on 4 July 2016
Love ben kanes books and tgus is juast as good as all his others
on 27 July 2017
As always a great read and helps develop ones knowledge of this period.

Look forwards to reading the next book
on 23 April 1998
I read this book a few years ago and what I liked about it most was the authors ability to catch the reader in the momentum of the events that are taking place. Only the heartless are not hoping even in the face of this tragedy that Hannibal will win through and not be defeated. Also because the author is not writing what is to be a scholarly work he speculates in a manner which is very enjoyable making the book more readable. If you have never read anything about Hannibal but have always been interested I highly recommend this book.
on 31 May 2017
Another great read from an excellent storyteller
on 5 January 2015
Very good
on 30 September 2015
I throughly enjoyed reading this book. Recommended.