Customer reviews

on 7 May 2017
Wonderfully detailed book on fountain pens. It's written well. A good read and a reference book. Good for those that are new to fountain pens as well as fountain pen enthusiasts.
on 27 April 2017
A well written history and review of pens through the ages. A good one for the reference section of my 'library'
on 8 June 2017
Interesting,informative and answers a lot of questions you may have wanted to ask. It is written in a very readable way in fact it is the type of book you don't want to put down. Well worth putting in your library
on 16 March 2017
A good book for its price, as the price of "better" books on pens are eye watering. Well illustrated!
on 24 November 2010
"I'm new to pen collecting and this book tells me everything I need to know. I particularly like the chapter about buying pens on eBay, which is where I buy most of my pens. Very useful."
on 2 February 2013
I bought this book as I'd just started buying and using vintage fountain pens. My favored period is 1920s and 30's. Unfortunately this book has limited information on pens from that period and most of the book concentrates on later pens. Not perfect for my purposes, but interesting all the same.
on 26 October 2012
I was put off buying this book for it's alleged superficiality , I shouldn't have been , its not superficial to me. Tells me all I really want to know in collecting and keeping vintage pens. I particularly like the quality of the paper and print , and the many reproduced coloured adverts.Great value.
on 30 May 2012
Very informative for the novice and new commer to collecting pens. Well illustrated and written. A must for every collector.
on 25 November 2013
This is a beautifully illustrated book full of colour pictures of all brands and vintages of fountain pen. A large section of the book covers the various manufacturers, but there are also sections about the history of the fountain pen, how it works, building a collection etc.

A gorgeous, informative book which I've spent too much time poring over.
on 5 May 2013
What a lovely book. Very colourful and tells you almost everything you want to know. Pictures are lovely.
A wonderful book to own. If you love fountain pens, then get the book.